“Almost Like Home...”

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Comfortable, clean, and friendly staff the Hyatt Place is great hotel for weary business travelers like me. Free internet service and a nice working area in each room, seperate sofa area, large screen TV, decently comfortable bed, coffee pot and fridge it almost feels like home. Breakfast is offered free in the mornings and there is a nice 24 hour menu available in the hotel. Whenever I travel to this area for business the Hyatt Place is my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator especially if you are staying at the hotel with a large gro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very nice business hotel in a reasonable price range, maybe even ideal for family/couples if you're in this area.
Hotel room was good, very good bed. Staff very friendly and helpful. I even received a free coke due to payment did not work and receptionist told me there is no need for me to wait only due to technology not working. So, this showed the attitude.
Breakfast: I expected one of the typical "there is a breakfast free of charge" approaches, but it seems I was wrong. They had all you need in a small format, even some ready made hot sandwiches with mozarella/tomatoes etc - really nice. For everybody who likes to have a nice simple breakfast I can highly recommend.
Location of hotel was very good, just 200 meters from highway and 100 meters from lots of shops and restaurants, really the ideal place if you need a hotel in this area.
There is a fitness room + a pool. I used fitness room and the quality of equipment was really good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It is rare that I don't have anything to complain about when staying at a hotel. There seems to always be some type of issue, even if it is a minor one. I have to say this hotel stay was an exception to the norm.

Our room was ready on-time, it was very clean and quiet, the staff was very welcoming and professional and everything else about the hotel was clean and relaxing. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. One of my favorite hotel stays that I have had in a while.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed for the weekend & absolutely fell in love with this hotel & location. Staff was very friendly and gave 7 star customer service. Room & entire hotel was very clean & smelled good all over. I have nothing at all to be upset about. Location was remote to everything, all you could want within a 1/2 mile radius.

Room Tip: Book with confidence !!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hotttraxx
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Convenient and friendly Hyatt Place for a weekend get-a-way to Alpharetta. Staff quite pleasant and helpful on check-in. Amenities as expected. Last minute reservation day-of stay left us with choice of room on 1st floor or near elevator on 6th. Went with the near-elevator experience, and surprisingly no mechanical noise at all. Some noise from guests but not unreasonable. New HVAC unit allowed for always on fan. Wi-fi easy to connect and re-connection is seamless. Excellent work area, bar sink and refrigerator. Solid choice.

Room Tip: End rooms (x25) are away from elevator but may be some noise from stairwell door. Elevator itself i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tandemcha
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I enjoyed my one night stay in Alpharetta, GA and at the Hyatt Place - Windward Parkway hotel. I was pleasantly greeted with a smile upon entering the hotel by front desk employees Rosemary and Scott. They were both very professional and Scott got me checked in quickly and also provided me directions to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre venue that I was attending the night of my stay.

The next morning I was greeted with a smile by Rosemary who asked if I enjoyed the Robert Plant concert that I attended the previous evening at the local amphitheatre. Rosemary is a very good listener and I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet her. It was a joy to talk with her and she seemed to care about the customer service she was providing to the guests in the hotel.

The breakfast offerings are usually pretty good at Hyatt Place hotels. On this stay I enjoyed the French toast and mini sausage links. The food items were warm and quite tasty. I also enjoyed the mixed cubed fruit, peeled grapefruit slices, cottage cheese, and strawberry yogurt. The "juice bar" is nicely designed to keep the beverages cold and there are several juice types to choose from. The coffee was hot and served in real coffee mugs and not plastic cups.

Besides the comfortable and nicely designed guest rooms and great breakfast offerings, the one thing that keeps me coming back to Hyatt Place hotels is the customer service. I have been to other hotels chains and I would rate the customer service at Hyatt Place hotels to be at the top of the list.

A friendly smile and a "hello" goes a long way for me.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 425 which is at the end of the hallway. I thought I had a quiet room until the occ...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The hotel is very good, like all the others Hyatt Place that I had been before, but I had a problem with overbooking in that hotel. I arrived earlier and asked for early check-in, they were full and told me they could get me a room by 1 Pm. I had 2 rooms reserved, when I got there they already had both rooms, but one still nedeed to be cleaned. I said that I just needed one room to take shower and later we would get the keys from the other room. I asked to put my father's luggage in that room. When I came back later they said that a guest didn't live, so they didn't have a room to my father. I know that's a lie, because the room just needed to be clean. They couldn't find other hotel to my father because the ones close by were all full, so he had to sleep in the sofa of my room.
In the morning I tried to complain with the manager, Jaime, who was the one who made my check-in on the previous day and he didn't want to listen. He kept interrupting me and didn't even apologize.
D