“Very Friendly”

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed here one night on our way to our hike in Citico Creek. The staff was extremly nice and the two queen bed room for us to split was perfect to relax in before our big hike. I slept like a baby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here because we were working late in the area and were worried about getting home in bad weather. We arrived late and received a very warm welcome by the gentleman at the reception desk. He got us checked in quickly and gave us all the information we needed for our stay. The room was a king room that had a very spacious feel with a sitting area and work station. Very nice upscale feel.
Included in the room is breakfast in the cafe in the lobby. My husband had an amazing eggs benedict type sandwich on a biscuit and I grabbed some pastries and tea to go. They offered several choices for a hot or cold meal. Again, very nice staff to get you on your way. It is within walking distance to Cabernet if you are travelling and want to have a nice dinner. I thought it was a great deal for the money.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here the first week in February for Business Training.
The first day I was walking down the stairs after training and when I stepped on the last step it caved in and I fell! I sprained my ankle and dirtied my shirt & jacket and pants. The concrete step was cracked and would give two to three inches when stepped on. After a minute or two to make sure my ankle wasn't broken I limped to the front desk to tell them what had happened. They were very sorry and immediately looked at it but I was surprised that they didn't offer any services since I fell. I talked to them later and said that the step was definitely a hazard and needed to be fixed, well yeah!
While the room was very nice it was situated next to the elevator shaft so it was very loud and disturbing in the morning. I thought I would be able to get some extra sleep since the hotel was only 2 miles from the training facility but the elevator made sure that believe to be wrong.
I also found that the side entrances were not locked, able to be open by just pulling on the handle. I informed the front desk, which they immediately went to look at, but at the end of the week only one of the doors were now locked while the other side was still open and anyone was free to enter without going past the front desk. This made me very uneasy of who could be in the hotel.
I did order room service one night and when I did they informed me that over half of the menu was out of stock! I settled on an ordinary burger, although the chocolate chip cookie was very delicious and so good since they warmed it up.

Overall the hotel is nice and the decoration is business oriented but I would not reccomend staying here again until the security is fixed and the stairs are reinforced.
Oh and the "Gym" is a treadmill and an elliptical in a closet size room, so pitiful.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify that you do not want a room next to the elevator shaft.
1  Thank EvPaternos
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Windward Parkway for business. The hotel was clean and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating.

The free morning breakfast was good and the nice part is there is ample seating in the breakfast/lobby area which is a welcome change when compared to other hotels. The rooms were comfortable.

Prices of the rooms were very reasonable and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here two nights while visiting Atlanta. Hotel was clean, had good breakfast, and provided a free shuttle. It was centrally located to lots of shopping and restaurants. The staff there was exceptionally nice and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bookclubtravelers
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in Alpharetta just 15 min. away from our daughter, who lives in Cumming, days before Christmas. We stayed here one time before and really thought it was a great value. It has a refrigerator, flat screen tv, large lounging couch and an area that is separated from the queen bed. The tv can be swiveled to view from both areas. There was a desk with complimentary internet as well and lots of space in the room, all for a special price during our stay. The free breakfast offers a variety for dieters and big eaters alike. The hostesses are friendly and the lobby quite comfortable. We would definitely recommend it and we will stay there again when we can get that special price. (otherwise, the price is out of reach for our pocketbook)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Recently stayed here for 3 nights while in the area on business. The location is very convenient and there are plenty of places to eat in the area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel and the rooms seem to be a bit smaller that other Hyatt Place properties I've stayed in. The beds were comfortable but not as much as I'd hoped for. The hotel could just use a bit of minor maintenance to some of the areas. My room had rust stains on the bathroom floor and the elevator doors are scratched and scuffed. Overall a pleasant stay and I'd definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel is right beside highway 400 so the traffic noise can be pretty loud. Be sure and ask for...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family