“Ok hotel, corner rooms are cramped and uncomfortable. Clean, but dont expect much service or anyone to smile.”

Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/Windward
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after driving across the country. The guy at the front desk was less than welcoming and that pretty much set the tone of the stay.

The room was impeccable. However they put us in the one of the furthest back and corner apartment - super tiny for a family of four. Make sure if you stay and have a heavy suitcase, you pay attention to where they say your room is. yes, we had heavy suitcase, we are moving across the country. We had to carry It up the stairs because we were nowhere near an elevator. (No suitcase rack either)

I have a bad back and the location of the room was very difficult the entire weekend.

When I went to buy a sprite from the market, the guy at the front desk was annoyed that I disturbed him from.his computer and I asked how I buy it, he told me and then walked back to whatever he was doing across on his computer. I knew what I wanted, I just had to pull it out. He made me wait a few minutes to pay and he had no other business at the desk. He was so rude, so unwelcomeing that I hated staying here.

I had also tried to use this "special" that they are listed as offering on the AwesomeAlpharetta.com site for a "Atlanta History Center by Residence Inn" on the page. I talked to three different people and none of them knew what I was talking about. It was an offer for a rate and then two adult tickets to Atlanta History Center. After the third person, they just said they dont offer it. That was frustrating because I was really looking forward to checking it out in our new town. They didn't even act like they'd look into it. It was basically a "havent heard of it, and therefore weren't gonna honor it." Instead of any sort of, "Let me check into that for you."

Housekeeping had the same type attitude. They have that eco thing up....hang your towels and we wont replace them.....well they just took towels that needed to be replaced and didn't replace the same amount of towels and wash cloths that we'd started with. If they are gonna request that we don't have them replace our towels, they need to pay attention to their own policies and honor what they asked us to do as well as.pay attention to the number they need to replace.

No, I didnt approach the desk about problems because they were apathetic and rude.

I've been staying in hotels now for a week and a half straight because of our move and it's amazing how much the welcome and willingness of staff has made a difference. The places that smile and.have great service, it's so.much better stay even if the hotel isn't great. We are staying in a much farther, less convenient location (Norcross) in a much older TowneSuites now after the Residence bc of an insane 5x rate hike Monday night, but they are so.much nicer, that I'm happier and more comfortable in the smaller one room of the Towneplace than the two room of the convenient Alpharetta Residence Inn.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I travel to Alpharetta quite often for work and I usually stay at the Residence Inn next to Northpoint Mall. On this last trip though, they didn't have any rooms available at my company rate so I selected this Residence Inn instead. It was just as close to my office and had a good rate. I was pleasantly surprised at how much more updated this hotel was over where I usually stay. I stayed in a standard 1 bedroom unit and it was very nice, an updated kitchen with granite countertops and new cabinets and appliances, and all of the furnishings in the bedroom and living room appeared to be fairly new as well. No offense to where I usually stay, but it definitely needs a refresh compared to this competing property. The location of this hotel is also great, many restaurants and shops within a mile or so of the property. I'll be staying here now when I travel to Alpharetta.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Wauconda, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn Windward during a recent business trip to Alpharetta, GA. It wasn’t my first choice as it was further way from my business location in Alpharetta, however liked that it was a suite room. The location was located not far from the intersection of 440 and Windward, but far enough away where you could not hear the road traffic. It was also located near many strip malls with quick dining options. Off of Windward parkway the location was a bit difficult to find. There was a sign off of Windward, but it was small and you could be confused as it is front of a Holiday Inn too. This location is behind that Holiday Inn. Check-in was very quick and professional. There was a lot of good service from the front desk.

Rooms – Despite their age, the room still seemed new. The wear on the rooms has been minimal but you certainly do not smell a new building anymore. The main bedroom had a king bed. It came with a couple different styles of pillows. I liked that the bedroom had a large closet for storing my stuff and not getting in the way of the cleaning crew. The rooms did feel a bit small and was emphasized by the small cabinet under the tv. The bedding on the bed was adequate. The bathroom was on the smaller side too, but didn’t feel super cramp for a big guy. My biggest complaint was on the first day I was there it was bit cold and the hot water ran out.

Main Living Area – Was surprised to have a fireplace in the room, but didn’t get to use it. Both the bedroom and main living area had flat screen tvs. Both had a wide selection of channels. My biggest complaint about this area is that this is hotel that seems to cater to business travelers but lacked a good working surface. There were two blocks that were a coffee table and work area. It was ideal, but got the job done while sitting on the chaise lounge/couch. I was confused by the internet in this hotel as initially said that I would have to pay for anything over a certain time period. After complaining about this I was informed by the hotel that this was a mistake they were resolving and that they do not charge for internet.

Breakfast /Manager Reception – I found this lacking compared to other chains such as Drury or Embassy. I found the breakfast items to be lacking. The ham didn’t meet my liking. The juice cups were very small. I ended up hitting McDonalds the other days. Hit the Managers reception one day. There was Chex mix and a cheese and meat tray for food. Drinks were Miller light, cans of Pepsi (yes….Pepsi in Atlanta did seem odd), and wine.

Overall –Would I go back…maybe. Overall it was nice stay. I was comfortable, minus some minor annoyances such as the cold shower and lack of workspace. The customer service was very good.

Room Tip: Didn't see elevators so mobility challenged travelers and seniors might want to choose a room on...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel is clean and in a great location. It has tons of shopping and eatery in walking distance. Its a short drive to the city of Atlanta. The hotel's breakfast buffet is really good and it has a lot to choose from. It does have a pool and outside grilling area. The rooms were spotless and spacious with everything you need. More like staying in an apt than a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed for two months from end of August to November. Staff were so friendly accommodating helpful just great. Treated u like family. Especial kudos to Elysee & Naomi (food staff), Kenya (housekeeping), & Vicky (front staff). Rooms were clean spacious. Had living room kitchen n 2 bedrms, tv was in every room, kitchen had all the utensils n pots n pans, housekeeping was always spot on, cleaned thoroughly. Kenya always did a super job cleaning our room and catering to whatever we needed that we ran out of. Thanks sooo much, kids can be so messy. Super friendly front desk made stay memorable n bearable living n a hotel with kids for so long. Pool was clean n good for the kids, had basketball/makeshift tennis court, fitness center. Love that they have a shuttle that'll take u to the north point mall, love the laundry facility on site, the place will also take u to the grocery store to pick up groceries too. Plenty of parking. safe area to walk around at night, close to some major companies. Breakfast food was a good spread overall fine can have eggs benedict, pancakes, ham, potatoes, sausage, bacon with usual breads n cereals yogurt n fruit oatmeal breakfast sanwhiches, somewhat concerned that people off the street drive up n just walk n to take the breakfast for free, i'm sure they were not guests at the hotel. seen a whole family pull up in their jalopey car n just grab plates of food to go. Both breakfast n dinner varied which was important - hamburgers, pasta, spaghetti, always salad, pulled pork sandwiches, cold sandwich spread lots more that I can't remember now. The food staff Elysse n Naomi were so helpful n provided great service. We didn't have any issues whatsoever with this place. Really turned out great for temporary housing. Lots of restaurants nearby, walmart n target nearby. Really home away from home. Recommend this place highly. So close to the ramp to hwy 400 so convenient to get to city or north. Great stay!!!

Room Tip: Accessible to hwy 400, great for American girl at north point, great clean friendly hotel for famili...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sparklegirl_19
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn Windward Parkway in Alpharetta while visiting family for Christmas. The property has just gone through a complete remodel and everything in the rooms and on the grounds was clean and new. The rooms have a spacious living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. Granite counters in kitchen and bath, along with stainless appliances. Flat screen TV's in the living room and bedroom. The free breakfast was great and had eggs, sausage, potatoes and pancakes. The staff was friendly and helpful. Will most definitely will stay here again while visiting family in Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert C
Oviedo, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

My niece turned six and wanted an American Girl birthday celebration. The hotel staff made her feel so special. With a private AG checkin, baby doll bed in the room, the pink theme in the room, fresh cookies, movies....this hotel has it all. We had a two bedroom two bath suite. It was roomy and clean. Breakfast each day was fabulous! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family