“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Daleville, Alabama
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Got a great rate. The studio / apartment was comfortable. Even the sofa sleeper I slept on was easy to work, and I got some good sleep. Pool was actually big enough to do some laps. Breakfast was OK. Location was walking distance to several eateries, and a short drive to WalMart & Costco. 13 miles to MARTA.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff, 1st floor is best, but there are elevators. There's only 3 floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christine M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/Windward, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
My staff and I enjoyed reading your review today. Thank you for taking the time to write one. Many of our guest comment on how nicely appointed our rooms are and the new sleeper sofas are easier to use and more comfortable to sleep on. Being in Atlanta, having a great pool is a number one priority for us. Our great weather really allows this area to become an extention of your room. I'm so glad to hear you had time to enjoy this area. Thank you again for allowing us an insight into your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Shakopee, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stay here all the time. I have spent over 50 nights at this hotel, it is good enough for me to keep booking... But... The staff is helpful and accommodating. The housekeeping is great, (It helps to tip) always tip your housekeepers! The rooms are nice and clean. The biggest problem I have with this hotel is the linens and pillows. The towels are dated and worn as well as the sheets, and the pillows are the worst that I have ever seen at a Marriott. Also for those that like a quiet evening, don't count on it. The doors SLAM really hard there is no type of cushion or buffer to prevent the doors from slammingl like at some better quality hotels, the slamming doors will shake the room, really. The hotel obviously does not care about the guests stay but would rather spend money on a big monitor in the lobby so they can show pics of how modern they are but clearly lack in anything modern in the rooms. Get it together.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the main building, it might be more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sir D
Christine M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/Windward, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment concerning your frequent stays with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. Our staff prides themselves in servicing every guest at exceptional levels and I look forward to sharing your comments with them.

In addition to the great service you recieve during your stays, you mentioned that you have had concerns regarding our linen. I have taken measures to review our washing process to ensure our towels and sheets are maintained to the standard our guests expect. We will be making necessary changes based on this. I am especially concerned regarding your issues with the pillows. Earlier this year, Marriott rolled out a new Queen Size pillow standard at Residence Inn's. With this standard, every pillow on property was replaced. There may be an issue with the production of the pillows and if necessary we will contact the manufacturer. Thank you very much for brining this issues to my attention.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw. We appreciate your patronage to us and look forward to serving you again soon.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

The hotel is not bad at all. However, if you are a person that like room doors that are indoor corridor then this may not be the hotel for you. There are a few rooms that are indoor but for the most part the majority of the rooms at this hotel are apartment style. Meaning that when you walk outside your door you are pretty much outside (minus the overhead). Therefore, if security and safety is your concern note that this hotel is open. The area is pretty nice and the hotel is close to many shopping and dining options. The breakfast was great and the staff was not bad at all. Walmart is close by and there are many businesses that are in walking distance. There is an outdoor pool, barbecue area with two gas pits, tennis, and basketball. There is much to do here!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding our recent stay. We love that we can offer our guests a convenient location to lots of restaurants and stores. Alpharetta has become a premier location in Atlanta and we are fortunate to be situated so close to everything it has to offer.

As you mentioned, we are able to offer our guests amenities such as an outdoor pool, sport court for tennis and basketball, an well as an outdoor patio area with water feature and grill. Our guests continue to rave about the outdoor living space we are able to offer.

Among our 103 fully equipped suites, we do have rooms that have both interior as well as exterior entrances. We do our best to honor all requests for room location so please let us know if you would prefer one or the other.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property on a number of occasions for work and it is a fine hotel. It has everything that you need for an extended stay especially for a family of 4 or more.
The rooms are clean the hotel is generally quiet and the location off of windward highway and route 400 is convenient to get to everything.
There are numerous restaurants, a Costco and a new burger place close by. The convenience is the biggest reason I chose this property.
If you are traveling with a family this is a great affordable hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
I am so happy that you have deemed us your favorite hotel in Alpharetta! We pride ourselves in the service and amenities we are able to offer our guests and are pleased to hear you continue to choose our hotel.

Alpharetta is becoming a premier destination in Atlanta and as such provides numerous options for things to do in the area. We are fortunate to be located amongst all of it's offerings.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to your future stays.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We were greeted with a warm welcome, given clear directions to our suite.

The one bedroom studio is furnished well with granite countertops, cooking utensils, pots, pans, glasses, wine glasses, full size refrigerator, flat stove-top, microwave, etc. Everything you need for two people!

The pool is large and we enjoyed the added benefit of the gas grill and bought steaks and enjoyed them, poolside.

I can't speak for others, but we had NO complaints about noise or other distractions and spent a considerable amount of time in the room, working.

Close to shopping and business! Excellent location!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AlongTheJourney
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a reveiw regarding your recent stay. We love hearing great comments like yours and hope that you will be able to return soon to Alpharetta.

We look forward to your next visit!
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a get-away-weekend. It's been over a year since I stayed there and since I loved it the first go around I thought "Why not do it again". The hotel staff gets an A+++. Very polite & willing to help. My husband & I stayed in a corner suite, which I thought would be quiet and perfect. I knew the rooms had been remodeled so I wasn't worried about an out-dated old smelling hotel. Let's just say our room needed touched up again. The plaster had fallen off the ceiling in one spot. There were a couple of stains on the carpet (looked like red wine or red juice), and there were a few reddish stains on the bottom of the bathroom wall entrance. The problem is not with their renovations, the problem is keeping the hotel up to renovated standards after the renovations are done. Also, it was pretty crowded & a very loud family was right down the hall with screaming children. That part I guess Marriott couldn't help but I felt like I was more at an apartment complex than a hotel. All in all I would rate this stay B-/C+. Bathrooms are too cramped but overall having a den area, kitchen area, and bedroom area was great. Housekeeping did a good job (I didn't want to leave them out since so many times they get ignored). Might consider staying again, but will probably opt for a quieter location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Mu husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last two months while relocating to the area. The rooms are updated, clean, and provide nice space for two people. The kitchenettes are very nice and provide everything you would need during your stay. Each room has a separate sitting room and bedroom with their own TV. The hotel staff is wonderful and very helpful. They have faxed several documents for me during our stays and have always been friendly. They have a nice breakfast each morning and appetizers/light dinner every evening with drinks, included in the price. The pool area is very nice and they have a small basketball court. Animals are allowed at this hotel for a small cleaning fee. They also have a shuttle and grocery service, but we have not used either of those services. My husband gets a discounted rate through his company and it makes this place really worth the price. As mentioned by another review, this place can get noisy with guests (especially children) in the outside areas. This was a minor problem for my husband and myself compared to all the benefits. The queen bed is also a downside, but again the benefits out way the need for a king bed. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor with a small balcony that overlooks the pool is nice if you do not mind p...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business