“Very Nice Hotel Room!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed overnight while driving to North Carolina. We had a very nice room. The only reason I didn't give an excellent rating is becuz the room was a little on the small side, but it was very clean. The bed was VERY comfortable and there was no noise from other rooms. And the shower felt soooo gooooood!!!.

The rate was great for an over-nighter and the staff was very pleasant. Would definitely stay here again while traveling!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FFIAlph, Guest Service Representative at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dearest Cushy Couple,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. My apologies on the room not being as spacious as you would of liked. We are getting ready for a renovation early next year and hope to have bigger rooms. We hope to see you again in the near future once it is newly remodeled. Thank you again :)

L. Turner

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was my first stay at a Fairfield Inn, so I’m not quite sure where this line falls within the Marriott hotel classes, but it’s obviously on the more economy-based end. That’s fine with me, as I’m certainly more of a bargain hunter than a luxury seeker. However, there are some basic amenities that I look for, and this property needs a little work in those.

Good stuff: The hotel is in an ideal location for business travelers or those seeking a place to stay before or after a show at the Verizon Amphitheater, which is probably less than a mile away. It’s easy to find (right at the GA400 exit) and close to North Point Mall, as well as near several dining options. I only dealt with the staff during check-in, but they were courteous and helpful. There was a problem going on in the lobby with two guests (one of whom had some obvious mental handicap) in front of me, literally screaming about some supposed rudeness from the staff, but I saw nothing but professional treatment in what was a difficult situation.

Bad stuff: The rooms are small and (at least mine) had a slight odor. Not overwhelming by any means, but a faint, foul scent. The bathroom in my room was also tiny, with an odd, faux marble décor on both the shower and the sink. It actually looks more like brownish-black *streaks* on the wall, which was off-putting until I realized what it was *supposed* to be. Perhaps it’s just faded over time. There were also a few hairs and unidentified debris under the mattress in my room, which I could've done without.

Nitpicky stuff: This may not matter to some, but there is only one ice machine in the building, and it’s next to the lobby. Granted, it’s only a three-story hotel so it’s not a major hassle, but it is a little inconvenient if you want/need ice at various times and are staying on the third-floor.

Overall, it’s not a bad place to stay for the going rates of around $50-60 a night, and if you’re just looking for a place to crash after a show or long work day. However, if your plans are for a longer period of time or intend to be in your room frequently during your stay, I’d look elsewhere in the area.

Room Tip: There's only one ice machine, and it's by the lobby
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Brooke S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you Eric for sharing your feedback with us in regards to your recent stay. I appreciate you recognizing our staff for being accomodating during your stay, they all do a wonderful job here. We are a mature property with some dated decor as you mentioned and are taking steps daily to update our hotel. Hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Service sucks!!! We called two days before to ask staff to make sure a refrigerator was put in our room but of course it was not done. We asked questions about the pool over the phone only to find when we arrived the pool was out of order!!! Never mentioned that! Never again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Brooke S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you Chen061985 for your feedback. I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had during your time with us. We were anticipating our pool to be completed however the rain has delayed the project a bit. I apologize that this was not mentioned to you proir to your arrival and that your request for the refrigerator was not honored. We do our absolute best to deliver on all requests and apologize that we failed to do so for you. I would like to make this situation right by you and welcome the chance to discuss this further. Please call me at your earliest convenience. I would love the opportunity to show you the service we are known for and to enjoy the newly renovated pool.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

What every Fairfield Inn--or any hotel--should be. Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean and in good repair, comfortable beds, fast Internet, hot breakfast, free cookies in the evening. Good, upscale location, close to North Point Mall and many other conveniences.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Brooke S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you JGoodish for taking the time to share your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the hotel. It always warms my heart to hear great comments about our staff. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again the the very near future!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

From the beginning of our collective arrival to the hotel the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. We had many family members staying for a weekend/holiday wedding and the staff could not have been more interested in our visit with family happiness. Thank you to the entire staff that we encountered Naz, Elizabeth, Mark, Anne and Alex. Thanks so much for a memorable experience at your hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Brooke S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hi Jason C.!
Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites Alpharetta during your weekend/holiday wedding! I certainly appreciate you taking time to share your stay with others. Thank you for recognizing our staff and I will ensure that they each have a opportunity to see your comment!

Hope you had safe travels back home!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Great location. Staff is extremely friendly. Rates are very reasonable for a busy location.
Rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. It was a business trip, but if I was in the area for personal reasons I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Terry M., Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased you had a enjoyable time and hope your family can join you on your next business trip. Our pool is being redone and is looking fabuous... It will be a great relaxing place for the family and you too!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

could not have a more cordial and effecient hotel to stay. From the front desk to the breakfast staff to the house keeping...could not ask for any thing better. the breakfast is del;icius with eth all equiptment working and a staff to help when needed..romm is is spotless.

Room Tip: any room is satisfactory
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Harvey T. I am pleased to hear you had a enjoyable stay and also enjoyed our new Hot Breakfast that includes scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage. I hope you and your family had safe travels back home.