First trip to Ambergris Caye but I want to go back. What a great home and what an even greater staff. The beds were great and each room is air conditioned. Thanks to Tacio (Captain and Guide); Moreina (Property Mgr) and Esau this trip turned out to be a fabulous visit. We are 4 couples that have traveled the world together for 30+ years and all I have to say is; if you are thinking about an island trip anywhere....you should consider booking a trip to Playa Blanca. Tacio was there everyday and he became part of the entertainment.....he took us snorkeling; he took us fishing (we even ate the snapper that we caught); he took us conch diving and he even helped us prepare conch ceviche. He is the most personable person you can ever imagine. He is a wealth of knowledge about the area since he grew up in San Pedro. We provisioned the house using a service called "Lagniappe"...but be advised that they are frequently out of some items. Don't even think about renting a golf cart because there is no road available....just rely on Tacio and his water "taxi". We made the mistake of renting golf carts and what a disappointment that was.
If you are interested in dining out; there are restaurants nearby that you can walk to. Tacio took us to a different restaurant everyday for lunch via water "taxi". The services from Moreina and Esau were absolutely superb. She got up early and made tortillas for us and she constantly was checking on the house to make sure it was clean and orderly doing dishes and the such. and it was. Every room has a dirty hamper; and she washed everyones dirty laundry and folded them and placed them on a table for pick up every afternoon....what great service! There are several vendors who come by in the morning with breakfast items like breakfast burritos and tamales...we ate them several mornings (Yes they are safe to eat as well as the water in the house). What a great trip. Thanks Playa Blanca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious villa, private boat with captain, personal fishing guide, unlimited fishing trips, snorkel trips, explore the islands, lagoon adventures, kayaks – bicycles, swimming pool. Our luxurious villas are situated on the oceanfront of Ambergris Caye, Belize, six miles north of the quaint town of San Pedro. Panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and the Great Belize Barrier Reef abound. Playa Blanca is private and secluded – yet within walking distance to the finest restaurants on Ambergris Caye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Blanca Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Blanca Villa Hotel Ambergris Caye
- Playa Blanca Villa Belize/Ambergris Caye