Our family and extended family of 8 stayed 5 days in Playa Blanca, Thank God for my friend who suggested it!, it was the best "first" trip to Belize I could imagine. It was a first class stay! I can't imagine another House or villa much more enjoyable then this one. Everyone was so nice, we felt like a part of their family. Moraina and Esau were absolutely amazing people, everything you needed they would do for you are help you the best way they could. From Cleaning up after dinner to making reservations and transportation pickup to restaurants by boat. Homemade tortillas were the best, thanks Moraina. Esau was always busy keeping the grounds and plants perfectly beautiful and fixing things that had gone bad from the weather. There wasn't one thing to complain about. We were lucky and had beautiful weather every day! The pool was absolutely amazing to jump into after a long day of snorkeling with Tacio. Beds were extremely comfortable with big fluffy down comforters and a perfectly cold temperature bedroom to sleep in. It made waking up hard to do. The sunrises in the morning just a step away from the front door to the patio, that was higher then the property, so you could see the water for miles. Tacio our boat captain and his son on occasion helped in every way possible to make our experience away from the property to be fun and adventurous. From petting a nurse shark, picking up starfish and Conch shells, Lobster diving(4 lobster the first time and 8 the next time, thanks to Tacio) and snorkeling the best coral reefs that Belize had, Fishing in the dark blue waters that were amazing. We didn't catch something amazing to eat but the Shark we caught and Barracuda was an experience to never forget. Tacio cooked the barracuda meat on the grill with some vegetables it was delicious! Everyday was an adventure!. What makes Playa Blanca different from other places, is that you would have had to do all of this, that we did with individual companies, to take you out to all these different excursions, and the price for each of these trips would have been extremely expensive. This was the #1 plus to this house. And it's free with the House, only the gas purchase at the end of the trip, and that was not a big deal, well worth every penny. There are three restaurants along the beach with easy access to Playa Blanca, Mantachica, Portofino, and Rojo. A family of 8 is always going to be no less then $30 dollars a person, keep that in mind. But definitely pick up groceries in town. Eggs with Moraina's tortillas were amazing, make sure to pick up cheese and hot sauce. Mostly breakfast foods and snacks. Check the expiration date on the milk before you buy it. No need for a Golf cart. Bikes are there for you to use and Kayaks. I can't say enough good things about this place, It was the most relaxing trip we have ever been on, and we also brought 4, young adults in college and just out of college,who loved every minute of it and wished we had one more day!! We invited extended family also who thought it was amazing, they loved Toucans nest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious villa, private boat with captain, personal fishing guide, unlimited fishing trips, snorkel trips, explore the islands, lagoon adventures, kayaks – bicycles, swimming pool. Our luxurious villas are situated on the oceanfront of Ambergris Caye, Belize, six miles north of the quaint town of San Pedro. Panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and the Great Belize Barrier Reef abound. Playa Blanca is private and secluded – yet within walking distance to the finest restaurants on Ambergris Caye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Playa Blanca Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Blanca Villa Hotel Ambergris Caye
- Playa Blanca Villa Belize/Ambergris Caye