All reviews tackle box san pedro hol chan and shark ray alley fish mexico rocks dive master dive shop budget room barrier reef baby oil boat traffic nurse sharks aquarium restaurant remote location minute boat ride sea grass great snorkeling
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We spent five days at TBR and had a great time. Very relaxed and laid back.
Food was good, diving was very good, the vibe was even better.
Restaurant was very reasonably priced. Most of the staff was very good to excellent, however there were a few that I would have preferred not to have met.
Carlos, Isabel, Andros, Hill and Orlando were all top notch.
One thing that i think would improve the place would be an additional activity-like perhaps a ping pong table or a couple of dart boards--some kind of relaxing activity for after the sun goes down.
Overall very good to excellent especially if you are not expecting a whitewashed Mexican all inclusive type of resort. I will certainly try to return with my boys in the near future.
Thanks Carlos for facilitating a great relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Any room would be awesome, but the higher the number the better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here, in February on our honeymoon. You couldn't ask for a better location, after seeing what San Pedro had to offer in comparison. With the beach at your doorstep the ability of being able to snorkel and kayak, this more than makes up for the lack of nightlife and food options. The meals served were of a high standard. We stayed for a week and the variety was spot on, however a few more breakfast options would have been good..Yes it is far from other resorts and town, but this is what we found appealing. The staff were very friendly and they all make you feel so welcome. This is no 5 star resort, some of the rooms could do with some attention, but nothing major, just a leaking toilet and a faulty shower tap. They were very well cleaned.The tours organised were great and the right price, blue hole is little far but well worth it. Shark ray alley is a must see. Highly recommend, thanks once again tripadvisor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elswhere
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Everyone has said it and I'll say it again. This place is awesome! Total relaxation and peace and quiet. This is not the place to go if you want jet skis and parasailing and all the other nonsense that goes along with uppity resorts. This is a tranquil, beautiful, off the radar vacation. We spent hours just walking the beach, kayaking, snorkeling and basically being beach bums. I don't think I wore shoes the entire week. I can't say enough about the staff at TBR. Everyone is so friendly and accomodating, but totally unobtrusive. They seem to recognize that if you have chosen TBR you really want piece and quiet. However, they are always ready with a smile and an answer to your every question. Hill the bartender is awesome! He will give you are hard time and you will love him for it. We miss you Hill, now where is my Miami Vice? Carlos and Isabella (the managers) are a wonderful couple and should be applauded for the incredible service they provide. I have never felt so welcome anywhere in my life. Jamaal is an incredible young man who has a wonderful future as a tour guide. He took us to Hol Chan and Shark/Ray Alley twice. Both times were unique and it was truly because of him and his Fish Whispering. Andre is one of the waiters (and Hill's brother), he is new to the game, but could be a superstar in whatever customer service field he chooses to go into. The food was wonderful and you are starving after a long day of snorkeling. We did not find it necessary to ever leave TBR for a meal as some have suggested. Make it a point to have Sunday lunch (Belizian Chicken Stew) and Friday lunch (Escobeche) at TBR. Also the coconut pie is to die for. Our cabana was a dream. Yes, it isn't the Ritz. Guess what - you are on a glorious beach and want to spend all your time staring at the water, not obsessing that you don't have 1000 count Egyptian cotton sheets. I slept like a baby on an incredibly comfortable bed and had better water pressure than I have at home. What more could you ask for? Will we be back...you better Belize it.

Room Tip: Cabanas 3, 5 and 7 are one bedroom/one bath with a sleeping loft. Adorable and perfect for couples. You will have the option of sleeping upstairs without a/c or in the downstairs bedroom with a/c.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This is by far the hardest time I've ever had adjusting to life after a vacation. I still hope every day when I wake up I'll be back at TBR. The best places are always a little bit hard to get to (especially if you try to get there from Roatan, Honduras), but it was well worth the effort.

Everything was simply amazing. Some days we felt like we were the only ones there (which is exactly what I look for in a vacation). Possibly other guests were more ambitious in finding activities than we were. The casita was clean and comfortable. Though we spent so much time sitting in front in the evenings, we sometimes wished for more comfortable chairs. If you like having snacks around in case you sleep through breakfast (like my travel companion), stock up in town before you get there. Kayaks and snorkel gear are readily available. We took a full day snorkel trip which was great fun.

Each and every staff member (and some of the locals at the bar) made us feel truly welcome and made for a memorable trip. There are so many places in the world to explore, but I suspect TBR is one of those places that will keep calling me back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Beyond expectations. Warm and friendly staff, warm and beautiful ocean and one of the most memorable trips I've had in the last 4 years of travel in both Europe and the Caribbean. The surroundings were breathtaking and the reef spectacular. Our cabana was charming and roomy; the staff made us feel welcome and helped us make the most of our 4 short days. If you love being away from noise, crowds and obnoxious resort goers; if you enjoy natural beauty and the ocean and comfort without ostentation, then you will enjoy TBR.

(Note: we are vegetarian and not vegan, but we found the menu accomodating and quite delicious - simple fare, but hearty and good)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple