“My favorite place on earth”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ambergris Caye
Tranquility Bay Resort
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Ambergris Caye
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I took 5 couples there in 2007 and returned there the year after. It's so nice when you know everyone there. We felt very welcome and like family with all the staff.
Those guys know the waters in that area. We rented a sailboat for a day and had dolphins swim beside us. We also went fishing and caught lots of barracuda, yellowtail and my favorite....grouper!
We saw a giant green eel that lives under the tacklebox restaurant. He eats the scraps the guys throw to him while preparing your fresh fish for supper.
I've travelled alot but have never seen so much wildlife all in one spot. The stingrays can be seen at night right off the tacklebox balcony.
Make sure you take all kinds of supplies like tylenol, kaopectate, milk of magnesia etc. Not that you will have to use any but if you do it's a while to get to town if the office is out of stock.
Make sure you snorkel or scuba! Also take a nice long walk along the beach.
I could say more but I think I expressed myself enough.

Room Tip: Take a room to the far north I actually travelled there in 2008 and 2009 but there wasn't that...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2012

As the name implies - - you will experience tranquility at it's best!!!!! The resort is small but is truly a "class act" in all categories. Carlos and Isabel and all the staff were very welcoming and ever so professional. The food was good, The trips provided were well planned. And you don't have to wear shoes the entire time you're there.

Thanks for the memories!

Mike and Laura

2  Thank LJB054
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I just spent three days here as a finale to a school trip. What a wonderful experience! The food was delicious, and the accomodations were cozy, clean, comfortable, and beautiful. The staff was friendly and accomodating (moreover, they were also very concerned about our safety--- they were quick to rescue us when we tipped our kayak and had trouble flipping it). I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed from May 7-12th.
Much has been written, but it is worth repeating that the beauty of this place is the scenery both above and under the water. I am an avid snorkeler and spent hours in front of the resort snorkeling each day. I was blessed and surprised one late afternoon while snorkeling, by the presence of a very large spotted eagle ray in front of me! I was really afraid to dive, but Carlos, was very patient in helping me to overcome this fear. I saw one of the most amazing things I think a diver might ever see, a huge sea turtle that came out of nowhere and head-butted a fellow diver -no joke!!!! (Julius)

The weather was slightly windy so we did not have any bugs. Despite the therma-cells to burn in the rooms, some minor upkeep to the screens might be helpful for the future. The food was fine. Although not quite there yet for vegetarians and vegans, they are trying. That's all we ask when traveling with special diets, that the staff and management try, and they went out of their way to do so. We appreciated this. Thank you all, Isabelle and Carlos as well.

The staff we met were friendly and the tour leader for my trip to Hol Chan, Jamal, was respectful, knowledgeable and professional with the guests. Our cabana was cleaned daily (thank you again for your work) and it seems that all cabanas have wonderful views of the ocean.

We appreciate that this place does not seem to have a huge impact on the environment, as compared to many other places. I have seen some of the larger developments on Ambergris Caye, even nearby to Tranquility Bay, and from what I could determine, Tranquility Bay Resort is a more "gentle" resort in terms of its impact on the reef system, I believe.

My husband enjoyed walking the long shoreline, looking at the thousands of juvenile fish, crabs, and rays in the sea grass, and relaxing to the sounds of the waves.

We would definitely go back to this beautiful place.

1  Thank mish1
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We spent five days at TBR and had a great time. Very relaxed and laid back.
Food was good, diving was very good, the vibe was even better.
Restaurant was very reasonably priced. Most of the staff was very good to excellent, however there were a few that I would have preferred not to have met.
Carlos, Isabel, Andros, Hill and Orlando were all top notch.
One thing that i think would improve the place would be an additional activity-like perhaps a ping pong table or a couple of dart boards--some kind of relaxing activity for after the sun goes down.
Overall very good to excellent especially if you are not expecting a whitewashed Mexican all inclusive type of resort. I will certainly try to return with my boys in the near future.
Thanks Carlos for facilitating a great relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Any room would be awesome, but the higher the number the better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here, in February on our honeymoon. You couldn't ask for a better location, after seeing what San Pedro had to offer in comparison. With the beach at your doorstep the ability of being able to snorkel and kayak, this more than makes up for the lack of nightlife and food options. The meals served were of a high standard. We stayed for a week and the variety was spot on, however a few more breakfast options would have been good..Yes it is far from other resorts and town, but this is what we found appealing. The staff were very friendly and they all make you feel so welcome. This is no 5 star resort, some of the rooms could do with some attention, but nothing major, just a leaking toilet and a faulty shower tap. They were very well cleaned.The tours organised were great and the right price, blue hole is little far but well worth it. Shark ray alley is a must see. Highly recommend, thanks once again tripadvisor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elswhere
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Everyone has said it and I'll say it again. This place is awesome! Total relaxation and peace and quiet. This is not the place to go if you want jet skis and parasailing and all the other nonsense that goes along with uppity resorts. This is a tranquil, beautiful, off the radar vacation. We spent hours just walking the beach, kayaking, snorkeling and basically being beach bums. I don't think I wore shoes the entire week. I can't say enough about the staff at TBR. Everyone is so friendly and accomodating, but totally unobtrusive. They seem to recognize that if you have chosen TBR you really want piece and quiet. However, they are always ready with a smile and an answer to your every question. Hill the bartender is awesome! He will give you are hard time and you will love him for it. We miss you Hill, now where is my Miami Vice? Carlos and Isabella (the managers) are a wonderful couple and should be applauded for the incredible service they provide. I have never felt so welcome anywhere in my life. Jamaal is an incredible young man who has a wonderful future as a tour guide. He took us to Hol Chan and Shark/Ray Alley twice. Both times were unique and it was truly because of him and his Fish Whispering. Andre is one of the waiters (and Hill's brother), he is new to the game, but could be a superstar in whatever customer service field he chooses to go into. The food was wonderful and you are starving after a long day of snorkeling. We did not find it necessary to ever leave TBR for a meal as some have suggested. Make it a point to have Sunday lunch (Belizian Chicken Stew) and Friday lunch (Escobeche) at TBR. Also the coconut pie is to die for. Our cabana was a dream. Yes, it isn't the Ritz. Guess what - you are on a glorious beach and want to spend all your time staring at the water, not obsessing that you don't have 1000 count Egyptian cotton sheets. I slept like a baby on an incredibly comfortable bed and had better water pressure than I have at home. What more could you ask for? Will we be back...you better Belize it.

Room Tip: Cabanas 3, 5 and 7 are one bedroom/one bath with a sleeping loft. Adorable and perfect for couples...