“My family loved our stay at Tranquility Bay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tranquility Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ambergris Caye
Tranquility Bay Resort
Ranked #25 of 56 Hotels in Ambergris Caye
Colorado
“My family loved our stay at Tranquility Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Family of 4 (11 and 13 year old kids) stayed here in June in the Prime Ministers Suite. We loved our stay here. The cabana was very nice, nicely maintained, kept very clean. All our requests were promptly responded to. The beach was lovely, the snorkeling was GREAT! My husband loves to snorkel and it was so nice for him to be able to wade out into the ocean at any time of day to have a leisurely snorkel. We brought quite a bit of food with us, and only ate in the resturant for the free breakfast and one other meal a day, making the other meal ourselves in our cabana.
Here are some of the things I wanted to know about before we left.
The ocean is very very CALM at the beach here, very safe for kids. Right at the beach it is very very WARM. The kids spent lots of time playing in the sand and the shallows. The surf breaks several hundred yards from the shore where the reef is, and at the shore there are only tiny little waves. Some places the bottom is sandy, some have grassy seaweed. You can get to very good snorkeling with an easy, slow 5-10 minute swim from the shore. Far out from shore there are places where you can stand up, places where the water is only 1-2 feet deep above the coral, places that are sandy with a few feet of water, and places where the water is much deeper. We put life jackets on the kids, but they weren't really necessary. There is a current along the shore, but it is not treacherous or swift. You can just walk back up the beach if you get swept some in the current.
Consider bringing some food, a sharp knife, small cutting board, life jackets for kids, long sleeve rash guard swim shirts, water shoes, sand toys, and extra swim suits.

This place is really relaxing, very well kept, very nice place to visit. We don't usually go back to places, but we just might come back here someday!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank scooner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days here and fell in love with the people, water and lifestyle. We will be retiring the end of next year and wish we could find somewhere to live just like this on the islands. The staff, Catherine, Jose, Ceasar, and of course the most colorfull person with the best knowledge Padi. We loved that it was VERY quite, no phones, if you wanted internet everyone meet out fron of the office which promoted people to get to know each other. There are no words to expess how much we loved this place and the island. Looking forward to a return trip when we move back and if theyever want to rent long term, I am first on the list. My only comment that I think would be a nice added feature is that boat trips into town be included in the price of the stay. They give you a discount but most resorts do this for free. Also a shout out to Jerisue at Tropical Travel who was a wonderful help in booking this trip especially since I am military and overseas with my husband stateside! Hello to everyone on staff, Jim and Kathy Sikes. Well be back, even if just visiting once we move!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy S
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have been meaning to write this review ever since I got back from Belize, but work has kept me busy. Having said that, I feel that it is important for met to give my review, and give this gem the credit it deserve; this review is long overdue.

30 min boat ride from San Pedro = beautiful so enjoy. They will take you there if you need to go back, its not a problem

I had the pleasure of staying there May 2nd through May 5th. Let me tell you, this place is amazing. The rooms are as beautiful as they are clean. They decor is nice, the cabanas are spacious, and the views are magnificent. The snorkeling is second to none. The reef is like a 3 min. swim from the beach, literally! In addition to that, there are about 50 species of fish that live right under the restaurant.

The staff are probably the friendliest you will ever meet. The cooks are damn good, and the food they put out is delicious. They bartenders (we had Jose and Ceasar) are extremely convivial and they never make you feel like the "annoying customer". If you like to fish, then you have to meet Panni. That man is a legend around those parts. I swear he could probably catch a fish if he cast his line into desert sand. He is probably one of the most memorable people I have ever met. And they gut they call Juice (His name is Jugo) is probably the hardest working man I have ever seen. And that is not hyperbole. He literally works non stop. One night he drank until the wee hours with us, then was up before sunset raking up sea grass, climbing tress for coconuts, and cleaning up the beach. He was, hands down, one of the coolest people I have ever encountered.

I truthfully don't know how this place can get less than an excellent review.

I will visit again, soon I hope.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank hyperiodic
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is perhaps heaven on earth! A perfect beach vacation, with complete relaxation and no distractions. The beach is steps from you doorstep! The rooms are gorgeous, clean, quiet.....simply perfect! The bar/restaurant is over the ocean and exceptional. The service is superb! A very special shout out to Caesar, who was amazing. He greeted us each day by name, was so kind and clearly takes pride and pleasure in what he does. He sets the bar very high!! And the snorkeling?? UN-BELIEVABLE! You can snorkel from shore,swimming or take out a kayak, and she literally hundreds of big tropical fish. We saw a nurse shark, too!! SO COOL!! Truly paradise! Can't wait for our next visit!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lavendermoon02
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We just returned yesterday from a week long stay at TBR and I couldn't wait to write a review. We traveled with a group of four couples- four of us in a two bedroom cabana and the others in one bedroom cabanas. From start to finish, the trip was incredible. We were greeted in San Pedro and were able to get some groceries before we headed to the resort. The boat ride is about 30 minutes, but the scenery is wonderful so who cares! Catherine (the manager) greeted us warmly, as did all of the staff.

The cabanas are nicely appointed and everyone agreed the beds were quite comfortable. The bedrooms are the only spot with AC, but the breeze was so lovely we never felt hot. The grounds were just wonderful. TBR is quaint, well-maintained and secluded enough so you really were able to get away from it all.

The restaurant was a great meeting spot and the food, drinks and service were all excellent. The menu is so varied there was always plenty of different things to choose from. The prices were very fair as well.

During our trip we took a boat ride into town and spent a few hours wondering around San Pedro, some went diving to the Blue Hole, we went to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley and the divers took another morning trip to a spot just five minutes off of the resort. The snorkeling is amazing- definitely a highlight of the trip and right off of the beach!

By far though, I can't say enough about the staff at TBR. Catherine, Caesar (the bartender and head waiter), Jabob, Robert, Yemen (the divemaster), Anita, etc....everyone was amazing. We all left feeling like they were a part of our family and we made some wonderful friends.

I truly can not say enough about our trip and highly recommend TBR. We've traveled around Mexico and Central America many times and this was our most memorable trip. We'll be back again and I hope more people have the occasion to visit this wonderful spot.

Thank you again to everyone at TBR. We miss you already!
Adrienne P.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Adrienne P
Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just returned from our second visit to TBR. Our return trip was just as enjoyable and relaxing as the first. Hats off to the staff! Every Cabana was occupied, yet we felt like the only ones there. Perfect water, great service, tasty food...I can't say enough about this place. Step out of your Cabana, on to the beach then straight in to the prestine water. Kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, day trip to Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley/Caye Caulker...we did it all with zero disappointment. Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank buster80
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

This review is long overdue. My husband and I stayed at TBR in May 2012 to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We chose TBR specifically for its isolation and because there are only 10 cabanas right on the water. We were not disappointed. The beach is literally right in front of your private cabana and is cleaned daily from the wash up from the sea. The water is crystal clear and the snorkeling right in front is awesome. We saw all types of fish, stingrays and even a harmless nurse shark. Our neighbors saw a manatee. The staff were friendly and accommodating. They set up a private dinner for us on the beach for our anniversary. Our bartenders/waiters (Albert and Hill) were great. Our trips to Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley/Caye Caulker and ziplining/Mayan ruin with Jamal were unforgettable. We highly recommend this little piece of heaven. With so much to see in the world we usually don't visit the same place twice, but will return to TBR with our 3 boys one day so they can experience paradise!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple