“A tranquil paradise indeed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ambergris Caye
Tranquility Bay Resort
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Ambergris Caye
Dallas, TX
“A tranquil paradise indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

If you love long walks on a beach, snorkeling and kayaking all day long and getting away from it all then this is the place for you. Tranquility Bay is an excellent location for those who love to snorkel. This is by far the best location for snorkeling right in front of your resort that I have ever experienced. Every morning we woke up with kayaks setup and ready for us to go exploring. We would kayak out to the reef, tie up and jump in for hours of snorkeling every day. We would follow that with a delightful lobster lunch - it was the beginning of lobster season as our charming waiter informed us). Then I would enjoy a delightful afternoon nap under the palm trees in my hammock.
This was truly exactly what I needed to recharge from the hectic schedule I keep back home. The location outside of town was a perfect, quiet oasis.
I loved the cabanas right on the beach. If you wake up early enough you can see a beautiful sunrise right from your front porch.
The staff was excellent, attentive and very friendly. I will strongly recommend Tranquility Bay to all my friends and co-workers. I cannot wait to return.

1 Thank SassyLes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

If you are looking for a beautiful (swimable) beach, close to great snorkeling and fishing, then Tranquility is the place. The cabanas are spacious and comfortable (lots of room for our family of 3) and they are all truly beachfront. There are plenty of hammocks, padded lounge chairs, and kayaks to use.
I think the best thing about Tranquility is the location - close to the reef and very peaceful. I enjoyed long, quiet (hastle-free) walks on the beach, and caught bonefish from shore. The patch reefs are only a short swim away.
All the staff was very friendly and helpful (especially the managers) - they arranged sucessful fishing trips (bones and permit) and even found some super glue to help me fix my broken sunglasses.
All the food was very good - we especially loved the big breakfasts and the conch ceviche.
We are already planning a return trip next year!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mdigico
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

This was a vacation of a lifetime. We went with a total of 15 family members having age ranging from 5 to 50. I was afraid the kids would be bored with no video games but they had the time of their life. This resort is in a perfect location with a great beach just 50 feet from our cabana. The snorkeling was amazing. There was no need to take a snorkeling trip away from the resort since the coral reef is right there. The resort supplied everything we needed, including kayaks. I cant express enough how much the kids enjoyed themselves.
The food was amazing, some of the best fish I have ever eaten. The staff made you feel like you were a part of their family. The rooms were very comfortable with great air conditioning so I could make the bedroom as cold as I wanted. The activities were easily done since the staff did everything for us, like taking us fishing, diving or shopping in town.
The resort is in a secluded World Heritage site. I was initially worried that there would be nothing to do and that my guests would get bored, especially the kids. Fortunately, I was completely wrong. Everyone had an excellent time. My brother-in-law told me that their vacation last summer was to Disneyland which cost more that twice as much and was not half the fun. I am so glad we all went the Tranquility Bay Resort. Thanks especially to Carlos and Isabelle, the managers!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Rychder
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

This was our 3rd diving trip to Belize and, having enjoyed San Pedro, we decided to stay at the far north of the island. Due to the consistently good reviews, we chose Tranquility Bay which is the farthest resort north on the island. We arrived in San Pedro in drizzly weather, were met by a representative of the resort and taken to the boat piloted by one of the managers, Carlos, for the 30 minute boat trip. It's inside the reef and smooth. The resort looks just like the pictures on the web site and the beach is just gorgeous! It must be the best beach on the island! We stayed in the Prime Minister's Cabana which is a lovely 2 bed/2bath with a huge 2nd floor deck to enjoy. It is partially covered so you could choose sun or shade. Carlos & Isabel are new managers and work very hard to take care of anything you need. They and the entire staff worked constantly to keep everything running smoothly, including constant tending of the beach. We had no problems with bugs at all although it's always a good idea to take bug spray to the islands. The resort isn't really a "dive resort" and we didn't use a dive boat but a fishing boat instead. That wasn't a problem at all because my husband & I along with the other couple we came with were the only divers on the boat each and every dive. Roy, the dive master, was fantastic! He and Gordo, the boat captain, treated us to valet style diving. Our gear was stored and then loaded on the boat every dive. All we had to do was put on our fins and be helped into our BC before flipping over the side to begin our dives. The seas were pretty rough this trip so exiting the water was a little tough unlike our other trips here. It was really nice diving so far north - we only encountered 1 group all week! Hill, the bartender, was a great guy who went out of his way to accommodate us more than once. Everyone there was so generous that we felt more like we were staying with friends! The breakfasts were included in our package and were consistently good (great bacon!) and the other meals very nice. The best I had was the belizean chicken with rice&beans. It was truly excellent. I am referred to my friends as a bit of a food snob and did find that I was starting to get bored with the same menu in our week's stay but the others had no complaints at all. I don't know if it is the economy or that the resort is the last on the island but it was so quiet and peaceful even when the place was full. One of the owners had a family reunion there for a few days and even then it was not noisy at all. We had a beach barbeque Belizean style at the end of our stay which was a nice treat. Now, a word of warning! Do not be too alarmed if the small thin glass panes on the louvered windows and doors fall out and break. The glass is not secured and, when it got really windy, 5 or 6 fell out. It didn't affect our stay except the first night was a little exciting when a near tropical storm blew out the screen on one door and several glass pieces fell around 2 a.m.! It wasn't dangerous as the glass fell on the outside and was cleaned up before we were up in the morning.
For those of you who are into bar hopping and partying all night long, forget Tranquility Bay. If you are looking for the bliss of peace and quiet to wind down from hectic city life in an idyllic setting, what are you waiting for? Even my contractor husband lost his scowl as soon as we arrived. Again we truly appreciated Roy's expertise and kindness. We started with a dive master and felt we left a great new friend. And, thanks to all the rest of the wonderful staff. We hope to return to Tranquility Bay again soon.

Clay & Jeanne
Kim & Chuck

5 Thank Marie111
Chalfont, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2009

If you prefer quiet, this is it. Never-ending sea breeze. Only used AC at night for sleeping. Husband, a scuba diver, said diving was some of the best in 23 years of diving. He snorkeled for an hour the day before we left, right in front of resort. The ocean kayaks are fun because the sea is calm. The Belizean people are terrific. There's no selling of goods on the beach. The food is very good at their restaurant. The ocean temperature -- delightful.

3 Thank isabelmclean
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

My wife and I had the good fortune to spend our honeymoon at Tranquility Bay. For starters, the place is amazing. The beach is the best we saw on San Pedro. The ocean in front is amazing because it is protected by a reef just a few hundered yards off the shore. We could read, snorkel, kayak, scuba dive, and dine whenever we wanted. There were people to talk to, but never a crowd. The food was wonderful, and there's nothing quite like sitting literally over the ocean while eating dinner, or having a few drinks at the bar.

All of the things mentioned above would make a fabulous vacation for anyone. But Carlos, Isabelle, and the rest of the staff took service to a staggering new height. My wife and I were on our honeymoon at Tranquility Bay and fell in love with a stray dog we found in the area who was being called Buddy. We were unable to bring him home with us because of our travel plans, but could not get him out of our thoughts.

We knew that if he did not find a more stable home, his life expectency was only a few years. Managers Carlos and Isabelle, and their entire staff, knew this too, and bent over backwards to get him home to us. This was no easy task and took numerous hours of effort on the part of the Tranquility Bay staff. And the amazing part is that they were the ones that offered to help! We didn't have to beg or bribe to get this type of kindness, they just stepped up and did it. Amazing.

We shouldn't be surprised. Everyone there was this as kind to us when we were guests. Arranging for our trips, making sure we got into town whenver we wanted, and taking care of anything we wanted.

But to help us with something as personal to us as bringing home a dog to be part of our family, that is far and above the call of duty.

Most people just get a t-shirt to remember their vacations. We got a dog. And it's thanks to Carlos, Isabelle, Guardo, Billy, Janine, an several others. Everytime we see Buddy the Dog, we're not only reminded of the beautiful resort where we met him, but of the very, very special people who work there and their incredible kindess.

Thank you Tranquility Bay. We'll see you as soon as we can get back.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DenverHound
League City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

We just returned from the beautiful Tranquility Bay Resort in Belize. This is truly a special place! The fact that your transfer includes a gorgeous boat ride out to the resort, sets the stage for getting away from it all!
Our warm welcome was like we had arrived at home after a long absence! When we checked into our cabana, we were so amazed that the view was exactly like what we had seen on the website. So often that is just not the case, so we immediately started taking pictures. I think we took pictures of that view in every possible type of light to try to capture it to keep. The first evening, I posted pictures of our view on my facebook, which made my friends quite jealous. Having wifi was a nice touch for when you want to get in touch with the rest of the world. Wifi is not available all over the resort yet, but they are working on more complete coverage. That won't be the focus of your stay for sure, but is a nice feature.
The cabanas are great for this location. The doors open very wide to take advantage of the great windy environment. We learned soon to keep the bathroom door opened when we weren't in there to keep it cool, as only the bedroom has AC. The AC in the bedroom worked very well and the bedroom was really comfortable. The native wood used in the decor made the cabanas so pretty and so comfy. The Prime Minister's Cabana has an amazing balcony, and we were very glad to get to see that view one afternoon.

The huge selling point for Tranquility Bay is the location for total relaxation along with a great staff. Wow, what great teamwork within their group. We watched them all get along like a family to make our stay perfect. Isabelle & Carlos are doing a wonderful job managing the resort and looking for ways to make it even better! We loved having Roy lead our snorkeling trips & patiently teaching us how to kayak. He is a very skilled boat captain as well as guide for all types of water sports. He can probably lead expeditions into the jungle too, but we just didn't do that during our visit. The bartender/waiter, Hill, was such a welcoming presence every time we went into the restaurant. I don't know how they continually make such great meals when they are so remote with probably not a lot of storage space or a huge kitchen. They are blessed with a great staff!

If you plan a visit to Ambergris Caye & need to be able to get out of your usual crazy schedule and actually relax, we recommend a stay at Tranquility Bay Resort!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends