“Wow, what an adventure”
Review of Tanisha Tours

Tanisha Tours
Ranked #59 of 79 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers various tours in Belize, including snorkeling, Maya ruins, wildlife, Belize River, Altun Ha wildlife, Lamanai ruins, cave tubins, Belize Zoo, zip lining.
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I can't say enough about my experience with Daniel and his staff at Tanisha Tours. I went on three different tours with Tanisha Tours while I was in Belize. I was amazed at the knowledge of Daniel and his assistants. We would be going down a river or across the open water and the boat would come to a complete stop so they could show you a sea turtle, sting ray, crocodile and etc. The one thing I enjoyed the most was I never felt rushed on any tour and any question anyone had they were happy to answer. I will diffently be going back to Belize and will use Tanisha Tours again on new tours. I would highly recommend Daniel and his staff for any tour.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
in 19 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 13 February 2011

We have been to San Pedro several times and gone on tours. They have all been great, BUT our tour with Danial and Tanisha Tours was outstanding.
He was amazing, showing us stuff along the way that wasn't even related to the tour. He is so knowledgable about his country and its many charms. We went cave tubing and he was very attentive, especially to one lady who he ended up having to tow along the way. He never rushed us and he is genuinely nice.
After you go on a tour with them, go to Hurricanes for a drink or for dinner and meet his family. They are as amazing as he is. Josh makes great margueritas from scratch.
I can hardly wait to go back to San Pedro to see this family again.

Reviewed 3 January 2011

We took the Altun-Ha and Belize River jungle cruise, an awesome cruise where you really get to experience the diversity of Belize. Daniel, the owner, worked with our small group to make it work. We took a tour with just 3 of us on his boat from San Pedro directly to the mouth of the Belize River (much better than other options where you have to take water taxi's to the mainland.) Along the way we saw dolphins, and up the river we saw crocs, iguanas, howler monkeys, and lots of birds. Daniel was a great tour guide and spotted many of the creatures hundreds of feet down river before we even had a clue they were there, so we were able to creep up on them and we got some great photos. He had breakfast for us consisting of some tasty homemade empenades, and our lunch was at a local eatery. After our tour up the river he had a van waiting for us to take to the Mayan ruins of Altun Ha. At the site Daniel explained the history and significance of the site and was patient while we snapped away our photos and climbed to the top of the ruins. On the way back we took the van back to the boat and took a slow ride back down the river at sunset. Then, with night setting in, we jetted across the Caribbean with our rum punches and sat back as the stars came out over the calm water. Amazing tour, very knowledgeable, talkative, accommodating and personable host. After the tour we went to Daniel's restaurant on the dock over the water and got the best ceviche we had all trip and huge lobster skewers.

I really would recommend this tour because it gives you an idea of what mainland Belize is like. You see some great scenes along the river, check out the Mayan ruins, and see some of the jungle creatures. I would also recommend Daniel, he communicated well with us and was very knowledgeable. He had everything set beforehand so it was effortless for us, very professional, and he really took pride in making sure we were having a good experience. And the price is really competitive, especially considering the convenience of his boat taking us directly up river and us not having to take a $30 water taxi to the mainland. Definitely a great tour and we're glad we did it!!

Reviewed 2 January 2011

I couldn't be happier with our choice of Tanisha Ecotours. Daniel (owner, tour guide) gave us an amazing tour.. full of wildlife, mayan ruins, and rum punch.

I was part of a group of three traveling in low-season (early December before the holiday rush arrives) and we couldn't find a tour-operator that could take us both to the Altun-Ha Ruins and the Baboon Sanctuary. We were told we would need a minimum of five people to book a tour. Daniel fairly negiotiated with us and agreed to take only three - the plan would be a river tour up the Old Belize River and then onto the Altun-Ha Ruins.

The tour EXCEEDED my already high expectations. Daniel's knowledge, personality, and knack for spotting wildife made for a perfect day. We left San Pedro early on a small boat and were accompanied by dolphins as we headed towards the river. We were given a delicious breakfast with some freshly squeezed fruit juice. Upon entering the river Daniel immediately spotted some crocs. For the next two hours we cruised the river and he was able to manuever the boat so that we got very up close and personal with the crocodiles, iguanas, basilisk lizards, and howler monkeys.

After the river cruise we traveled by van to the Altun-Ha ruins. After stopping for lunch (which was included), we beat a larger tour group in and had the ruins to ourselves. Daniel's knowledge of the history, Mayan Culture, and excavation process was superb. We got to really explore the ruins.. we were not rushed.

After Altun-Ha we met our boat back at Ladyville and had an awesome trip back to San Pedro. The sun was setting behind us and the rum punch was plentiful. A perfect end to a great day.

I WOULD RECOMMEND going with Tanisha - flexible tour, great guide, lots of fun!

1  Thank GlobalMiz
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 June 2010

My girlfriend and I took the combo trip of Xunantunich and Cave Tubing. It was such a great time, Daniel was very informative and kind. We were picked up at 7 AM outside our hotel, given a boat ride into the Belize River, where we were given a river tour and served breakfast. Then we took a nice air conditioned van across the whole country of Belize to Xunantunich, an impressive Mayan ruin site. After about an hour or so there, we then were taken for our complimentary lunch in the town of San Ignacio. After eating we traveled back to Jaguars Paw, where the cave tubing trip began. We hiked through the rain forest where Daniel pointed out several interesting creatures and wildlife. When then hoped in our tubes into the refreshing river and were guided through these amazing caves and channels. Then we traveled back to the boat and headed back into San Pedro just in time to catch the sun begin to set. They also offered us the best price we saw on the whole island, not to mention a very personal and professional experience. We would recommend this tour agency to anyone looking to have fun and adventure in Belize.