I went here and fell in love... not only with the man of my dreams but with the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We plan on returning often.
We stayed at Villa Sapphire, right on our own little beach. The accommodations, staff, and surroundings are breathtaking. This is the type of place you dream about. It was the single best vacation of my life.
The pictures and videos do not do this paradise justice! Take everything you see and multiply it X 10 on beauty.
A must is going to snorkel in shark/ray alley and neighboring hol chan. I would even say it is better than diving! We swam in a school of 20 nurse sharks as huge rays swam below us. Sounds scary but it's not they are there for the chum being thrown over the boat not to eat you :) Then the reef at hol chan is you and the entire ocean. Schools of fish, eels, a 5 ft grouper slowly swimming under you to check you out and slowly say howdy, a sea turtle having his lunch on some sea grass, an eagle ray swimming by your side as you head back to the boat. Magical.
After a day at the ruins we returned to our villa for an amazing meal prepared in our "home" by the cooks at la perla. The best lobster & shrimp ceviche with fresh chips was amazing after a long but thrilling day in the jungle.
Go, fall in love with Belize, have a great time. We can't wait to go back. Until then we will be dreaming of you La Perla!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strolling lazily down a tropical white sand beach, a soothing azure sea lapping rhythmically at your feet, a Caribbean breeze stealing away the cares of the world as it brushes gently across your face… This is La Perla Del Caribe Resort.This Luxury Ambergris Caye Resort is located on the north end of Ambergris Caye, the most popular vacation destination in Belize. La Perla Del Caribe captures the Caribbean ambiance of Belize in elegance and luxury. You can relax in the modern indoor-outdoor style of your private beach villa between trips to the pool and snorkeling - just offshore lies one of the top ten dive sites in the world, the pristine Belize coral reef. Or you can enjoy the vibrant life of the island – participate in village fiestas or sample local and international cuisine in the restaurants and clubs.Set off on sun-soaked Caribbean adventures to ancient Mayan ruins and scuba diving at the famous Great Blue Hole.Relax on your private mahogany sun bed and watch the herons stroll through the shallows. Laze by the pool while taking in a miraculous sunset.We are here to bring you the once in a lifetime Caribbean vacation experience, unlike any other Ambergris Caye Resort, that can only be... La Perla Del Caribe.Your Ambergris Caye Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your La Perla Del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Del Caribe Hotel San Pedro
- La Perla Del Caribe Belize/San Pedro