My third trip to San Pedro - This is the place i'll return again and again.
The property is beautiful: lovely plants flowering bushes and Almond and Palm trees. I had the Garden Cabana - spacious ,clean, had everything I needed. (except hair dryer - if you need one, bring your own. I made do without but, i have a feeling that if I had requested one, it would have been made available to me.) The cabana porch is wonderful. Beautiful Palaple wood roof and wood furnishing in the cabana gave a Central America feel. 3 ceiling fans made use of the air conditional unnecessary. A fully equipped kitchen and dining area made eating in a pleasant option. You will have use of well maintained bikes, gas BBQ, Kayaks. There are 2 small markets within walking distance for essentials and many good restaurants a walk on the beach or bike ride close. Take good bug spray - I recommend 100% Deet and some Skin so Soft for the "no seeums". There is a long pier on the property with benches and a hammock under the covered pier end from which you can enjoy sunrise and sunset over the ocean. To get to and from town or the south part of the island, you can take the water taxi or rent a golf cart. Both are great fun.
I went diving with Banyon Bay -ask for Will - he is a wonderful dive master who knows where to find the turtles, sharks, barracuda, Queen Angels, lobsters, eels and can also point out the corals and little marine life critters. He is fun, patient, calm and will keep you safe, comfortable and happy. I also went diving with Scuba Steve of Belize Ocean Divers and had some truely exciting and memorable dives. Steve must have gills - he is a man/fish and fun to be around.
The folks at Cocotal will be like your family - very friendly, generous, warm people. Just being around them as they live everyday island life will enhance your trip.
Beaulah will be able and willing to help you arrange anything you want to do or anywhere you want to go, or anything you need. She is so very gracious. Linthon and Carlos keep the place running - from grounds work, repairs, maintanence, helping you out of jams ( I woke Linthon up about 5:30 AM to help me get my golf cart started so I could get to my fishing boat on time) carrying things for you, ANYTHING!) Tanya, the owner, was on site while I was there and she is lovely!
This is a great place for the solo woman traveler - away from the ruckus of town , away from the persistant street venders - but, near enough to enjoy the action when you want to.
I recommend that you take a day trip to Blue Hole or Turniff Atoll ( or even overnight which includes your fresh fish dinner cooked for you on the beach) with Unique Diving Adventures ( Beaulah has the brochures and can make the contact for you. You can customize this trip to include diving, snorkeling, fishing - or anything else. The boat is new, beautiful, has a top deck and covered area and a bathroom. The guys who own the buisness will be your guides. They speak perfect English and will do anything for your comfort and to ensure your dreams are fulfilled. They showed me how to fish and helped me catch 3 Barracuda and a red snapper.
Also, I fell in love at Cocotal - with the dog - MARA who loves to have her belly rubbed and her ears scratched!
You will love Cocotal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocotal Inn and Cabanas is a beachfront hotel and vacation property located 2- 1/2 miles north of San Pedro. There are eight units available for nightly rental. Intimate and low key, Cocotal is still only a bike ride from town in a quiet area of resorts and private homes. Our units are well appointed with fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, cable TV, wifi and maid service. There is an in-ground pool, honor bar, BBQ, and free bicycles and kayaks for guest use - a beautiful property and a great value! This description is based on information provided by the specialty lodging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cocotal Inn & Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocotal Inn And Cabanas
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Hotel San Pedro
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Belize/San Pedro