Grand Colony Island Villas
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsgolf cartliving room and dining roomambergris cayepier restaurantsea grassel divinogranite countertopsjetted tubthe security guardminor issueshort walk to the beachwasher dryerthree bedroombanyan baymaster bedroomfull kitchenlovely pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Romar and Frank were so nice to deal and with took care of anything we needed. The unit we stayed in was beautiful and staff was great. This is the place to stay! Will recommend it to anyone. Could not have asked for anything more. Thank to all!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Frank H, Manager at Grand Colony Island Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Hello Janice,

Thanks for your review. It was a pleasure having you here with us and we hope to hear from you again.
The weather has been great and we just had 3 days of carnaval celebration. Wish you were here as I know you would have enjoy it.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed for 10 days and had a wonderful time. The manager Frank Habet and staff were very helpful and did a great job with getting us golf carts, kayak, bicycles etc. I would recommend Grand Colony Villas, it was close enough to town. Dive shop picks you up at the dock for scuba trips. No fitness center at the condo but a nice one in town that was inexpensive to use.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Hello VKastens,

It was a pleasure having you all here with us.

Thanks for your comment. It really means a lot to the staff as the do their best to make sure all you all have a wonderful and memorable stay with us here at Grand Colony.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I worked with Romar to plan my entire trip to Belize. He was helpful, informative, kind, patient and invaluable. He worked with me for 3 weeks straight to get my trip organized. He made every reservation I needed from Golf Carts, Tours, Restaurant suggestions/ reservation etc. Everything we needed he was there to help us.

Also I loved the fact that the security guard was there 24/7. They were so kind and they too would help us with whatever we needed. He found cocoanut water for us, called places for us when we were running late, got us extra towels. I mean anything we needed we could ask for from anyone.

Besides the people the actual villa we stayed in was amazingly beautiful. The housekeeping was a great extra that we got and was so worth it!

Location wise this was the perfect distance from town (maybe about 2 miles if that) and any trip that we had would pick us up from the loft itself. The great thing about this place was that it wasn't resort-y. It was the perfect about of seclusion and liveliness.

I highly highly highly recommend this place. Because of Romar our trip was not only successful but amazing. He also helped me plan my trip without any stress and very quickly. I can't thank him enough for his help!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AKA87

Hello AKA87 :)

Thanks for your review. The Staff love the hear of there performance and this makes us all
strive in making you our valuable guest have a relaxing and memorable stay at Grand Colony.

Have a wonderful day and the best of 2013

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Our family has just returned from a trip to San Pedro and Stayed at the Grand Colony Villas. It is THE place to be because of the convenient location, excellent service, and comfortable amenities.

Situated on the south end of the island, The Grand Colony is close to two of the best restaurants on the island - Rico’s and Victoria House. There are several good groceries and a fruit stand within a short walk’s distance. Downtown and the airport are minutes away. On the beachfront, there is a dock, which is readily accessible for boats to drop off and pick up. For water activity, the villas overlook the channel that leads to shark ray alley, so snorkeling adventures are easy to reach.

The service at the Grand Colony is impeccable. When we arrived, Frank Habet, the property manager had our golf cart ready, food stocked in the kitchen from the provisioner, and had booked a snorkeling outing for the next day’s adventure. He was gracious and accommodating. The staff was very friendly and assessable. Housekeeping kept the villa immaculate and security kept a watchful eye without seeming omnipresent.

The villas themselves are beautiful with mahogany built-in cabinetry, granite countertops, and a large kitchen. The children loved the big screen TVs in all of the rooms with a variety of channels that satisfied everyone’s interests. I am particularly picky about bedding and enjoyed the sheets and fluffy pillows.

Everything was clean – including the outside areas. The pool never saw a leaf. Even the beach was raked on a regular basis, and that is difficult to maintain due to the sea grass that is a fact of life on the island – hence the opulent seas life.

I cannot imagine staying anywhere else on the island and recommend that you check it out.

Room Tip: This is a small, intimate facility. All locations have great views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for your great review, we all make sure that you our valuable guest have a great and relaxing vacation here with us. Our staff like to hear and the they make sure you leave with great memories of us.

Thanks again and hope you hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was a great visit, me and my family loved it. The customer service was great, but I disliked that there wasn't a formal front desk. The room was fabulous, great beach views and a quick hop to the beach. The beach was disappointing, with seaweed and trash, and you couldn't snorkel there. We chose to go out on a boat and snorkel, which was AMAZING. I highly recommend Hol Chan and the Shark and Manta Rays snorkeling spots. It was a once in a lifetime thing. The pool was great, and our favorite restraunt was Rico's. My personal favorites were the banana pancakes and the fried shrimp. The seafood here is the best I've ever eaten, we watched the fisherman bring in the fish and shrimp for our dinner. Overall it was a fabulous trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BeachPrincess3733
Frank H, Manager at Grand Colony Island Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

Thanks for the Review.
We currently have someone dedicated to cleaning the beach but there are time of the year where no matter what isdone, there will be seaweed and trash that floats in. It has been speculated that the trash is from cruise ships that dumps their garbage out at sea and end up on the beach.

The snorkeling is definitely great at Hol Chan and Shark Ray. All tours or sight seeing needs to be done with a guide and boat since the entire beach is enviormentally protected and so we cannot take out the sea grass that is growing close to shore, but we do try our best to keep our beach clean everyday.