“Breakfast in Paradise”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We found George's Kitchen late in our trip, what a find! I wished we found them earlier. George and Maria are the owners who are down to earth folks. They prepared our great breakfast and our freshly caught fish perfectly (the sides were delicious as well). Their prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had the restaurant to ourselves and ate great food and enjoyed talking to George about his place and food. The price was very reasonable and the food was awesome.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very good breakfast place. Serving typical breakfast food. The food was very good and cooked perfectly. The service was good until we wanted to pay then it seemed she forgot we were there. But this is the only pace we ate at twice the whole week.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

stopped in for breakfast based on a local's recommendation. great food and value, would definitely come back. it was the best breakfast we had during our week long stay.

no A/C though plenty of fans kept the air moving... could use to have their own wifi as most places do.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stopped in here one morning for a coffee to go. It was a go cup of diner coffee, but while waiting for it, I noticed the TripAdvisor certificate. The high rating piqued my curiosity, so I looked at the menu. Maria noticed that, and started telling me about their restaurant: scratch cooking, cooked to order. That hooked me.

We at a number of meals here: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For the price and value, it was our favorite restaurant on the island. The menu is limited in scope, but it has everything you need.

Everything we ordered was good, and my kids said these were the best burgers on the island.

The ceviche was delicious.

The breakfast was very good, including the biscuits and gravy. Frankly, I only ordered the biscuits and gravy because I thought they couldn't be good, even though George said they were. If that sounds strange, understand we had eaten there five or six times at this point, and EVERYTHING was good. I was frankly looking for an off dish of some sort, because there almost always is.

Not here. Everything on the menu is good, and tastes like home cooking.

Our favorite meal was when we brought in our catch from our fishing trip. We had the larger fillets grilled, and the smaller breaded and fried. Skip the grilling--George's breading is delicious! The fish was perfectly fried, with nicely seasoned breading. Maria brought us sides of rice and beans, potato salad, and fried plantains. This was a delicious meal, and my daughters both had seconds on the fish. This is the place to take your fresh catch.

For my money, the best value on the island.