“Would highly recommend Reef Adventures!!!”

Reef Adventures Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: REEF ADVENTURES, a PADI dive shop operated by co-owner PADI Dive Instructor Ched Cabral, has been providing diving, dive instruction/certification, snorkeling and many excursions since 2000 in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Central America. We take you out in smaller boats with personal attention and show you the best of the local coral reef. Lodging/dive and other activity packages are available at discounted rates through the US office.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Fernie, BC, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Would highly recommend Reef Adventures!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

There is so much to say about Reef Adventures. First of all Capt Ron was very helpful with questions I had prior to arriving so that really helped. The staff at Reef Adventures are truly amazing. Ched was great from the moment we wandered down to introduce ourselves and get organized for our first dives. Chuck one of the boat captains picked us up at the Palms where we were staying always on time. Chuck was very helpful getting us into and out of the water during our dives. Chadral (sorry about the spelling) always made sure my bag was stored securely while out on the dive boat and greeted you each day with a great smile. Ched was our dive master for most of our dives except we had Zib for a two tank dive. Zib was very personable and knowledgeable about where we were diving and what we would most likely see. Ched was our DM for the rest of our dives. From the very beginning Ched made us feel welcome. He knows the reef like the back of his hand and was good about finding things and pointing them out as we went through the dive. He also took his time in helping me figure out my new dive computer and tackle my fear of swim throughs. Some of the great things that come to mind about Reef Adventures and their staff is they were always on time, good equipment, small diving groups, knowledge of the reef system in that area and a good sense of humor. Ched was great with recommendations on where to get the cheapest groceries or freshest cerviche. If you are looking for small group diving with exceptional staff look no further.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Mountaingirl13

Lexington Park, Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very professional and helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Used this company to schedule both a scuba diving trip as well as a fishing/snorkeling excursion. After the fair price and professional service that was shown on the scuba adventure, we had to go back to them for our next outing on the Caribbean. Our scuba tour leader was friendly and knowledgable and made a point to show us as much of the native inhabitants of Ambergris Caye. Fishing and snorkeling was a blast, with the poles provided. Truly a good experience.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank DJ D
Tucson, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We keep going back to Reef Adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I got certified to dive for a trip to Belize. I was lucky enough to come upon Ched and Reef Adventures on that very first dive trip. Since those first tentative breaths underwater I have gone on to be an underwater photographer, scuba instructor and dive tour operator. I am currently planning my 10th trip back to San Pedro with 28 divers in tow. We will be doing all of our local diving with Ched, Michael and the rest of the team from Reef Adventures. Ched and his staff tailor the dives to the desires and skill level of the group. If someone is having a bit of a hard time and needs a little extra assitance, they are there to provide it. Ched is incredibly knowledgable about the reef and it's eco-system. The best night dive I have ever had was with Ched at Hol Chan; some of the things he taught me I now pass off as my own to my students. As a dive professional, I have had the opportunity to dive all over the world. I have dove many places where the service was outstanding (as it is with Reef Adventures) but there are few operators that have become friends and earned my respect as Ched Cabral has.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Greg S
Woodburn, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unbeliezable!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I and 2 friends went snorkeling with Reef Adventures on a vacation to San Pedro last week. We had so much fun we went back for a second snorkeling experience as well. Chad, Mike, Chucky and Travis made us feel at home and took excellent care of our needs. They love their jobs as well as the people coming on to their dock and it shows. I plan to return next year and will call on them again!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Debra L
Chandler, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“REEF ADVENTURES - THE BEST DIVE SHOP ON THE CAYE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Today is the last day of our 28 day Belize trip, and I want to tell everyone about Reef Adventures Dive Shop on Ambergris Caye. My husband and I are experienced divers who normally dive in Bonaire, where there is never a need to dive from a boat or with a divemaster. Therefore, we weren't sure what to expect when we arrived in Belize on Ambergris Caye. What a stroke of luck that our condo was mere steps from Reef Adventures Dive Shop. Ched, Chucky, Kadell and Michael (you too Tino) made each dive an experience for us. We were joined at the beginning of our trip by friends from Tacoma who had minimal dive experience and were somewhat apprehensive about getting back in the water. After a week with Reef Adventures they are anxiously planning their next dive trip. Regardless of your dive experience, Reef Adventures will cater to your every need. When you arrive at the dock, be ready to dive as you don't even have to attach your gear to your tank. It is all done for you. Whatever you want to do, whether it be shoot a lionfish, hold a nurse shark, or pet a moray eel, Reef Adventures will ensure your wish is fulfilled. Each and every diver is treated as an individual regardless of the number of people on the boat. I have a tendancy to get sea sick if I spend too much time in the boat. Knowing this, they always had my gear set up first in line, so I could get in the water right away, and not risk getting sick. We would roll off to get in the water, and upon ascending, we would remove our gear (fins, BC's and tank) so getting back into the boat was a piece of cake. The entire dive expereince with Reef Adventures was more than we could have asked for, and I highly recommend this Dive Shop to anyone going to Ambergris Caye to dive.

Visited December 2011