We stayed at the Coco Beach Resort in June 2011.
Pros: The hotel is beautiful and clean. Everything was brand new and working well. Our room had all stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and the bed mattresses were really comfortable. Our room overlooked the pool, but it was quiet and we never heard other guests when we were inside. The air conditioning worked well and kept our room nice and cool. The swimming pool was spectacular. They keep it super clean and the rock structure has a water slide and plenty of places for the kids to jump from it into the pool. The other pool has a swim up bar and a hot tub. That pool terraces down toward the beach. The staff is very friendly and wants to make your stay the best possible.
Cons: There isn't a restaurant on-site yet. You can walk to one of the hotels next door, but the closest one is an unmarked path and we had to walk around construction. Any place within walking distance I thought had very high prices. It typically cost $40 (US prices) for the 3 of us to eat breakfast. That is more than I pay for breakfast in the US. Because there are only a couple of options close by, I felt like we were trapped into paying high prices with not a lot of diversity. Every room has a kitchen, but there isn't any place to buy food or drinks nearby. You have to take the water taxi (speed boat) a few miles into town and then lug it all back to the hotel, all while everything is getting hot. There is no place to buy any food at the hotel. They don't even have a snack bar at the pool. I think the bar had pizza in the evenings and that is all. Another con is that the Wi-Fi was terrible. It didn't work in any of the rooms, so you had to walk down to the pool area to get service. Even then, it was very slow and intermittent. Sending a photo to family took forever. There were 2 computers in the lobby to use, but also inconvenient. We used Tuff E Nuff tours to go snorkeling and they did a pretty good job. They are on-site at the hotel to book trips. The ocean in front of the hotel isn't good for swimming or playing in the water. There is lots of sea grass that makes swimming difficult and I really didn't see many people in the water. Because of the reef, there aren't any waves. My kids were hoping to body surf, but that isn't possible. But they do have nice lawn chairs on the beach. Four days was too long on Ambergris Caye. The town is dirty, difficult to get to (water taxi or golf cart) with nothing much to see or do. We loved laying by the pool and our snorkel trip, but we quickly got bored. We really enjoyed our time in Cayo seeing the Mayan ruins, Tikal, and cave tubing. I think if you're looking for a place to just relax and not have to leave the hotel, this is a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro