My husband and I stayed here for half of our honeymoon in Belize. We were there in the rainy season, so there were only a handful of other couples at the resort at the time we stayed there. It was quiet, but we enjoyed ourselves. There were no children at the pool, we had it all to ourselves with a few other couples. Our Casita (#5) faced onto the large pool with jumping rock and slide. I imagine it might be loud during the high season, but our casita was very quiet with doors and windows closed and AC on! The casita was very comfortable and spacious. It's great to have the full kitchen, though I wasn't about to cook on our honeymoon. We didn't use the stove, etc., but our champagne stayed cold in the refrigerator! We traveled by boat into town several times. We should have purchased the pass for $30 from Tuff Nuff boat taxi, but we didn't think we would be going into town as often as we did. Coco Beach staff was always very friends, from the time I booked and asked questions about how to get there, to the moment we left, they were always very friendly, helpful in getting to our other resort in the jungle, and make every effort to call you by name when they see you lounging at the pool.
Getting there we took the Ferry Boat from Belize City, but it was a long ride and we had to wait to get on the ferry, so rather than waste a n entire day traveling between resorts we asked the staff to help us make flight plans to our next resort. They did so quickly and easily. It was no trouble, one young guy at the desk was from the area of our next resort so he even called a friend of his who is a taxi driver to meet us at the airport for transfer to our resort. They really went above and beyond and our honeymoon was wonderful!
We had dinner at the pool bar one evening, the burger was very good. We had dinner one night at the restaurant also, we were the only people dining there so service was outstanding and the food was good too (not our favorite, but good). We also walked to Palapa Bar, the food was really great, great atmosphere and unique experience since it's located over the water at the end of dock. (don't walk there too late in the evening as it gets dark very quickly) The boat taxi will pick you up there ant take you back to Coco Beach. One thing I would take with me next time is a good flashlight for walking around outside the resort at night & ponchos come in handy in the rainy season in case you get stuck out in a surprise rain. Oh, and the "rainy season" isn't too rainy to enjoy your visit, but there are fewer options for dining, etc. as many things close for a month or two that time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro