I took my two teenage sons with me to San Pedro for Spring Break. What a wonderful trip!! The Coco Beach resort was wonderful. The grounds were beautiful and relaxing -- a great place for families looking for peace and quiet. The staff was very helpful and friendly as were the tour guides and boat captains.
We reserved a 2 bedroom sea view suite and the room was amazing -- spacious, well appointed and always kept clean. The kitchen and bathrooms were modern and the balcony area offered incredible views. The pools were nice and I imagine the rooms around the pool were similar, but I'm glad we splurged on the sea view (and the extra bathroom).
A couple of notes if you plan to travel here:
1. The food -- do not waste your money on the hotel food, especially the buffets. They had a very limited selection and there was never enough for the handful of people in the restaurant. Food at the other resorts was better and you can also buy from locals on the beach. Much better deal. The food in San Pedro town was pretty good, too, but avoid the touristy spots.
If you decide to buy groceries, do NOT go to Rock's. The sales clerk makes up the prices on the fly and there is an obvious increase for "tourists". After hearing the outrageous total ($300USD for a tiny box of supplies -- Doritos, soda, water, OJ -- we walked out and left the box on the counter.
2. Tuff Enuff tours -- we arranged a private tour through them and it was very well done. The guide was professional and we got to see a lot of the Belizean countryside. Well worth it!
3. WIFI -- We did go through wifi withdrawal. The only place where it worked consistently was around the pool bar. No wifi in the rooms and we even had electrical power outages some days.
One last note, although not technically an island, Belizeans operate on island time! That means scheduled times for restaurant openings, water taxis, tour starts are really just approximates. LOL!! Just relax and enjoy the whole experience….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro