Coco Beach Resort is a very beautiful Resort!!! My biggest let down was my arrival on Saturday, June 14th. My family went ahead on the 3PM Express Ferry and were picked up on time by the taxi. But when I arrived an hour later, I literally sat at the water taxi for a whopping 1.5 hours. As soon as I reached San Pedro at 5:30PM, I alerted Belize Express to contact Coco Beach Resort that I was ready to be picked up. They were told it would take 10 mins. for the captain to retrieve me After 20 mins., I went back to the ticket desk and their response was they called. So one of the workers was kind enough to call on his cel phone as I had no service on the island. He was told by the hotel that they were waiting to pick other travelers that left on the 4:30 boat. Needless to say that boat came and went with no Cocobeach travelers. Meanwhile I'm seeing everyone being picked up by their respective hotels, Captain Morgan, etc... and it's getting dark and chilly. Mind you I literally traveled all day and was exhausted. Finally I went to the office of Belize Express since I became worried that they were closing soon since the snack shop locked up. They exchanged emails with the hotel front desk. Finally a taxi arrived to pick me up and the boat captain heard it from me. When i arrived on dock 7 minutes ride later and was greeted there, the gentleman said that the Belize Express never called. By the time I was escorted to the front desk and I was greeted with a drink, but no hot towel. And to top that off the young lady at the desk said that my sister alerted the front desk about my 5:30PM pick up. As we all looked at the clock on the wall, I asked and what time is it now..? 7:00 PM. The next day, I expressed my disatisfaction with management and by day 2 (Monday, June 16), of my stay I received a bottle of champagne and a large wine glass of sliced strawberries and whipped cream. The highlight of the trip was the 2 bedroom and the service of the staff. The cleaning lady made beautiful towel arts that I took pics of and Larry the pool guy, whom I knew was very accomodating. Amy the manager was nice and a few others. My only caution is the pool. There is a cliff drop at the bottom of the pool midway with no indicators of when it goes from shallow to deep! so if you see people standing on the edges of the deep pool and inside the rock mass don't be fooled. The food was cool. I've had better fish sandwiches at Big Mommas in ladyville. The calamari is good and my family loved the fettucini. The fryjacks are descent at the top floor cafe. But the best was the lobster in town and the various restaurants and food stands.
On my departure which was before my family, I received a special note as well as my flight was booked and an escort to the dock for my departing taxi. Overall i would stay here again, but just need beginning to end great service. The last downside was the scorpion that made it's way into our bathroom, but it was promptly removed by security.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro