Our daughter was married at the resort in May at this resort in the Ambergris Cayes. The staff was so accomodating and professional. Everything was absolutely beautiful...the wedding, the resort, the pools, the staff. Esther, a most efficient wedding planner, brought in stylist and make-up artists for the ladies. Paula was gracious in helping with our reservation and puddle jumper trip. We would definitely return and so would all 33 guests who attended.
Although a challenge to get to the location, we traveled via Houston to Belize City on United Airlines and then a puddle jumper (Tropic Air) to San Pedro (have the resort make the reservation for you) and a water taxi to the resort. It was worth it and the taxi ride gave you a great view of the beaches. The pool snacking was good, the restaurant Coco Blanca was good although pricey, but go find the Island Tavern just next to the property for a very reasonable priced breakfast and great bloody marys. Please note it is several flights of stairs to the Island Tavern as they are on the top floor. No elevator and not a place with people who have disabilities and cannot manage stairs. There are other restaurants just a beach walk down from the resort that are good, e.g. Captain Morgan's. Watch for the iguana "George" as he sunbaths by the pool on the large rock. This would be the pool closest to the ocean. There are two pools. Both beautiful. Our room was excellent, clean, and well appointed; the staff was great.
Also, when landing in San Pedro, make time to stop by the store for some cold cereal, milk or snacks before you board the water taxi (need to plan this in the schedule by adding an hour from when you land, get groceries, and then go to the water taxi). Sometimes you get the munchies or do not want a big breakfast. Purchase your alcoholic beverages at the store for use in your room. They provide coffee. Pack light as swim suits and casual attire is all that is needed. So much to do with going on day adventures, snorkeling or just relaxing around the pool. Loved this place and want to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro