We picked this place soley based on reviews. And for the most part it was awesome.
Make sure you understand the transportation from Int'l airport to island resort. We didnt and took $40 taxi to municipal airport and waited 2 hours for plane and then paid $20 to get to resort with no greeting or welcome cocktail!
But. the resort is beautiful and like others said...some staff are amazing and some are average.
HOUSEKEEPING WAS spotty. Some days we returned at 4:00 to have our unit still untened to. WHICH is a drag when you've been in sun and wind and they tell you...'dont do dishes, the staff will wash' and you come back to dishes undone...JUST LIKE HOME!!! Why do I pay to come back to dirty dishes. They explained that there were lots of check-ins...but can't you plan ahead...I mean no one just drops in as a guest!!!
We had the 2 bdrm penthouse suite which was FABULOUS (sans the housekeeping)!!! I was isck 2 days and was grateful for the sattelite and big flat screen tv!
The hot water was spotty..hot then cold, but who cares when you're in paradise??? Well, I do!
Road to town...not as bad as described, totally do-able
And for me the major bummer was....THE LOAD kids at pools. I want quiet and romance and there were always kids splashing about. How about one pool reserved for families and one for adults trying to enjoy peace and quiet. Your kids are cute, sure, but I'm here for relaxing, not "mommy, mommy watch me jump and splash!". Most romantic award???? Get ride of the kids and YES!!!!!!
A great place for families!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro