On our trip to Belize we stayed on Caye Caulker for 8 nights( stayed at Seaside Cabana's, loved it) then we went to San Pedro to splurge at a fancy resort. We were delighted when our water taxi pulled up and the hotel staff met us with ice cold wash cloths that were scented, then they took our luggage and off we went to the reception area where nice fruit cocktails were waiting for us. Then we were offered rum if we wanted it. I was thoroughly impressed. After we went to our room to change the room was everything I had dreamed it would be. We had a two bedroom condo that was absolutely gorgeous and the view off the balcony over looked the pool and then the beautiful ocean. WOW. OK now reality set in as we walked over to the next property and up three flight of stairs to the restaurant. We were the only people there, we were warm thirsty and very hungry. Over our stay we found out that most of the time they are out of many parts of their menu. The food is very expensive and it is a hit and miss when it comes to quality. The problem is you don't really have any choices and the menu is very small. Ok so off to the bar. The cocktails were also very expensive, and I don't think they put any liquor in them, and on average it took 20-30 minutes for a drink, if they weren't busy. No one came around to the pool to ask if you wanted anything and if you did swim up to the pool bar and order they would deliver but one drink at a time and it took over an hour to get 4 cocktails.
I was looking forward to room service, but it wasn't possible because no one new what was available and there were no menus, the phone wouldn't work so we went to the front desk and they said we could order from there if we wanted. Didn't that kinda defeat the purpose of room service? No other options were offered. We set off to look for the store so we could buy some supplies as the gift shop offered nothing and wasn't open very often. We walked quite aways and ate at another restaurant called captain Morgan's, it was absolutley horrible. My filet mignon was like shoe leather. Our next night we ate at Capricorn's. It was simply one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The service was exceptional and the dessert was out of this world. Another big negative for this hotel is the location, although it is very quiet, it is a long way to get to town. A water taxi is neccessary and it is a blast but for each meal it became a pain. San Pedro town itself is cool and fun, with great restaurants and people.
I was told that we had free use of non waterized toys, yes we did but you had to wait as they only had 4 kayaks and nothing else. The pool was wonderful and kept very clean, but overall I was not happy and definelty will not be back. The staff tries and they are so kind but the service is lacking and I think the hotel needs to hire more staff. I know I was on island time but it was ridiculously slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro