“Amazing 30th Birthday Getaway!!!”

Las Terrazas Resort
Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Baldwin Park, California
“Amazing 30th Birthday Getaway!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Amazing service as soon as we arrived in San Pedro, starting with the boat captain and to the staff at the resort. It was raining and there was a staff member at the dock with an umbrella waiting for us with drinks. I was amaze at how the service was through out the resort, especially the staff at O restaurant, they are very knowledge with things to do/check out around the island and mainland.

Our room was exactly like the pictures, we were in the 2 bed room penthouse with a private dunk pool, had amazing view of the ocean. Very clean and the appliance seems brand new, only thing that didn't work was the coffee maker, but it wasn't a big deal, since we don't drink much coffee. The only other minor complaint I have was the internet, the signal was very weak in our room, but was it was perfect outside around the resort. Not a big deal, since we were on vacation, we shouldn't be on the internet anyways.

Resort has complimentary bikes to use, which I highly recommend riding along the beach into town.

Another must do if you are celebrating any kind of event or just want to have a little something special, is their private dinner, that is set up on the beach. Only cost $150 US for two people, includes 3 course meal and a bottle of wine, it is totally worth it.

I highly recommend this resort, cannot wait to go back.

1 Thank KellyKim17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We absolutely loved the resort! The rooms are huge - large enough for 2 families to share. The rooms include 2 large bathrooms, living room, dining room and kitchen. The resort is further down from downtown area but a water taxi is readily available. The restaurant is great, since there weren't too many guests the night we arrive the chef made me a special vegetarian dish. Entire resort is clean, staff is super friendly and the pool is beautiful. I am trying to convince my husband to buy a vacation condo here! We will come back again!!

Room Tip: The basic rooms are large - with 3 bedrooms that can sleep up to 6-8 people if not more and the kitc...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Unity1216
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Cant’ believe it’s been 3 years since I went to Belize. Glad I made the same choice to stay at Las Terrazas. This time we upgraded to a Penthouse with a small pool on the terrace. It was perfect to use after a long day in the sun. It was good to see some of the same faces. From David the General Manager to Curl and his Front Desk people to Noreen in the restaurant O. Also meet some new ones too. Jamal. We ate at the restaurant twice and also cooked in our unit. This trip I learned to dive. I took the resort course thru White Sands thanks Elbert and my instructor Ruben. I also rented a golf cart with my sister. We had fun. Ate lunch in San Pedro and came back to the hotel. The road can be bumpy but fun. Also went on the Lamanai Mayan tour. Be ready for a full day. They also added complimentary paddle boards. What a work out!. I’m glad we choose to go back to Las Terrazas and enjoy a different Belize.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I just stayed at Las Terrazas with a group of friends. We shared a three bedroom two bath unit. We also had a lovely terrace with a small pool to cool off in. Everything about the room was very comfortable. The beds were especially wonderful. The service from the staff was not only efficient and friendly but also very well organized. I commend the general manager, David Hesse, for the quality of his staff. Their service made our stay much more enjoyable. I loved the pool and the beach front. The water was so inviting and snorkling was easy. The nearby dive shop provided a very fun snorkling/diving trip. Well worth it. My stay at Las Terrazas was a very special experience. I want to thank everyone who helped us.

2 Thank jenny4949
Placencia, Belize
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My daughter and I arrived at Las Terrazas hot and tired from a long day of travel and were greeted with chilled juice, chilled scented towels and the most helpful and courteous staff we have ever encountered! An incredible first impression! Visually, the resort features huge, white billowing curtains, an immaculate pool, well maintained grounds/buildings/dock/beach and intriguing "pet"iguanas. Our room was very well appointed and spotless and we enjoyed the delicious offerings at the restaurant, O. The staff met our every need and was very friendly and available without being intrusive or pushy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed at las Terrazas for 5 nights (end of June beg July). Our 2 bedroom apartment was on the ground level facing the pool and very well appointed. We were 2 girls on a long weekend getaway from work and boyfriends! We knew we were headed to a place that mostly caters to couples but the intention was to chill and relax. The staff was great and very friendly and we met some really nice people staying at the resort. The place is very well maintained and quite beautiful. We went snorkeling and scuba diving through the dive shop located right next to the resort which was very convenient. The locals say things run on "Island Time" which is the case...so if you are coming from the city don't expect things to be very punctual...but then again you are on vacation to relax so-- who cares! I highly recommend very strong sun screen- I wore 60 and managed to get burnt which is unusual for me.
The only area of improvement from our visit would be the level of cuisine at the restaurant. For the level of resort, there is definite room for improvement and the menu should be expanded. We only ate there once and then ventured into San Pedro for the rest of our dinners.
If you plan to visit in the rainy season, like we did, bring your bug spray! if you are one that is susceptible to mosquito bites....they will feast on you. Don't worry if you forget, the gift shop carries all the bare essentials or you can go into town via the water taxi or by golf cart to the nearby grocery store.
Overall a great vacation and so many excursions in which to participate.

Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We just returned from a 5 day trip to Las Terrazas, while we mistakenly booked our trip during the rainy season it did not matter at all... The resort is truly top notch from the suites to the staff - it was a great get away. I would suggest as others have to stick with the water taxi option when going into town. The golf cart ride is just too bumpy in my opinion... If you get the chance to visti Las Terrazas, I can assure you won't be disappointed...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple