My girlfriend and I spent 7 days and 6 nights at Las Terrazas in August. We had an amazing time at the resort!
Booking: Lorraine and Carolyn from reservations were very informative and helpful. They helped to arrange multiple surprises for my girlfriend to include a couples massage on the day we arrived and a private beach side dinner. Lorraine also helped to arrange transportation for us from Belize City to San Pedro.
Upon arriving at Las Terrazas we were greeted with punch rum (local island drink), a moist towel and the front desk manager who led us to the reception area. While I checked us in, my girlfriend received a complimentary 20 minute massage; helps to deal with the long trip we had to make from the west coast!
Accommodations: We upgraded from our Lagoon Terrace 1st floor villa to the upper terrace lagoon villa, if you can do it...it's worth it! We had a living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bedroom (closed off), and bathroom on the lower floor; and the upper floor consisted of the master suite, a wrap around lanai and an outdoor bathroom. We had a view of the ocean and beach from our bedroom lanai! If you can try get room 229! Only issue that we had with the room was that the outdoor bathroom had some ants crawling in the bathroom, which maintenance quickly addressed.
Amenities: The facilities and amenities on site were top notch! The kayaks, bicycles, stand-up paddle boards, and hobbie cats were all free for the guests to use. Plus if you aren't familiar with how to sail a hobbie cat the boat captains will take their time to give you a quick lesson!
1. Suggest getting a couples massage upon arrival, extremely soothing and relaxing
2. Moonlight Beach Dinner is a must; 150 bucks for a 5 course meal and bottle of wine...can't beat it!
3. Excursions: the resort staff quickly helped us book two days worth of excursions; one day we spent cave tubing and exploring the xunantunich ruins and another day was spent diving the blue hole
4. RELAX...you're on vacation
Excellent, the O restaurant serves some delicious meals, albeit a bit expensive...but expected for a resort. The pool staff was super attentive and quickly brought us drinks.
1. Try renting a golf cart in San Pedro; its about 50 bucks a day vs renting on-site (there are only 3 golf carts available at the resort)
2. The resort is about 5 miles away so prepare to either take a water taxi or rent a golf cart to get to San Pedro
3. It's Belize, everyone is super friendly there! So be courteous back to them. Also remember its island life...things run a little slower!
4. It rains...just be prepared for flash thunderstorms
5. Bring bug spray, the mosquitoes attack at night
6. If you get tired of eating at O every night, try Capricorn or Ahi. Also head on down the beach to Palapa Bar & Grill for lunch. Great food and drinks at great prices! We also went to the Greenhouse Grocery store in town and purchased food to make dinner and breakfast for 2 days (helps to cut your costs if you're trying to save a little)
7. Wi-Fi is a bit spotty, but just head on down to the pool and bring your phone, ipad, laptop and wi-fi works pretty darn good there!
8. Hit up Duty Free once you land in Belize City...pick up a couple bottles of wine and hard liquor.
Bottom line: we had a great time, would love to return again and will recommend this resort to all of our friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in Belize and part of the LVX Collection. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. Take advantage of our FREE Amenities including Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, an Aqua Bike, Bicycles and Yoga Mats. Golf Cart Rental is available to explore the island and town of San Pedro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro