Upon arrival, you immediately hit vacation mode. The property is beautifully designed giving a sense of serenity. The pictures on the website are an accurate portrayal. Check in was fast with a nice refreshing welcome rum punch while being processed. We stayed in a lagoon view room, but were happy with the accommodations. The bed in the master slept wonderfully. The water pressure was a little low in the shower, and was a difficult to wash thick hair. The only shower head is a rain shower, which is not my preference, but it may be different in other room types. The market closet to the resort Mata Grande, is small and therefore a hit or miss with products. They will deliver to the resort for free for purchases >$75 dollars (Belizean dollars) so consider placing an order before your arrival on their website. The market in San Pedro has a bigger selection, and the prices are a little cheaper, but you have to make the trip via water taxi or golf cart. The employees of the resort as well as the the Belizeans encountered off resort were quite welcoming and friendly. The resort employees go out of their way to get what you need without being overbearing. The restaurant on the resort was decent, and the food prices are average, but beware of the additional surcharges which can potentially add 20-30% to your bill. Also be aware that you may not swim directly off the beach, but there is ocean swimming off the dock. The pool is long and had a nice design, but can feel crowded with only a few people in it, especially children. Overall, the resort and country are beautiful, and an ideal place to relax and unwind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in Belize and part of the LVX Collection. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. Take advantage of our FREE Amenities including Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, an Aqua Bike, Bicycles and Yoga Mats. Golf Cart Rental is available to explore the island and town of San Pedro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro