My wife and I recently celebrated our 40th birthdays at Las Terrazas. After staying in the Pine Mountain Reserve (Blancaneaux Lodge) in the rain, it was a welcome relief to enjoy the sun, sand and surf for three days at this wonderful resort. The rooms were beautifully appointment, the resort spotless, the staff outstanding, the diving world class, and the food amazing.
We had the opportunity to stay in a three bedroom villa with a mangrove (towards the back of the property) view. However, we were also able to see the ocean beyond the top of the "O" restaurant. The full kitchen allowed us to reheat some leftovers, but was not used much. It is certainly suited for full meal prep for a family and more. All modern appliances and conveniences.
The on site restaurant "O" was terrific. We had breakfast there every morning (a big fan of the banana chocolate chip pancakes). And, a very special treat, a private dinner on our balcony prepared especially by the chef. The service was perfect and everyone knew our preferences and had available without asking (which juice, extra milk etc.) after the first day.
The resort itself was spotless and the staff incredibly friendly. The "friendly" iguanas, Orioles, and hummingbirds were very pleasant neighbors.
The pool was perfect for swimming laps and kept spotless as well.
We took advantage of the dive shop White Sands for two days of dives - first with a two tank reef dive and then a trip to Hol Chan and shark ray alley. The dive shop and the divemasters were incredibly professional and competent and at the same time great guides and guys. The reef was very vibrant and we were able to see an abundance of marine life, sharks, rays, eels, etc.
We also took the opportunity to go into San Pedro for two dinners. Wild Mango (ad excellent restaurant) and Waramaguma a locals Salvadorian restaurant were big hits. One word of advice for the those who make the trek from the resort to town, is that it IS a bit of a trek. By bike it is a long 4 miles on the beach with some traffic and by golf cart and very bumpy and sometimes desolate (at night) 30 minute trip. Either option is acceptable if you are prepared. A better option if the schedule fits appropriately is the water taxi that picks you up right at the resorts dock. We chose the golf cart to have the flexibility with timing.
I would not hesitate for a minute to return or to recommend the resort to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in Belize and part of the LVX Collection. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. Take advantage of our FREE Amenities including Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, an Aqua Bike, Bicycles and Yoga Mats. Golf Cart Rental is available to explore the island and town of San Pedro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro