My company chose Las Terrazas as the location for this year's company meeting and we primarily worked with Carolyn Stone to plan the trip and coordinate the logistics. Employees were allowed to bring spouses though so it was both a business and personal trip for most of our guests. Since we were traveling primarily for business though, we required a meeting room space and other amenities that I found were not offered by many of the other hotels on San Pedro. I called/emailed just about all of them and only 1 or 2 others even had the capacity to hold us and/or a conference area. Las Terrazas was perfectly suited to meet our needs and we are very pleased with our decision.
Upon arrival (using Tropic Ferry for transfers) we were greeted with offers for neck massages in the open air lobby. I was taken aback by how beautiful the property was and how much it looked just like the pictures on the website. I was led to my room (111) which was on the first floor and directly faced the pool. Again, the room looks exactly like the pictures. The suite is immaculate and incredibly large--you could easily fit a family of four (or more) in there as there are 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths. I didn't even realize there was a second bedroom with twin beds in it until the 2nd day of our trip.
On our first evening, we had planned a dinner at the rooftop of O Restaurant. It had just been renovated and opened up that day. The chef, Patrick, met with me prior to the dinner to show me the restaurant area and confirm menu options. The staff was incredibly accommodating and the food was pretty good. (sidenote: I've found that Belizean food in general isn't all that *spectacular* but perhaps that's just a personal preference--in sum, no complaints about the food though.)
On the 2nd day of the trip we had planned a 4 hour meeting. We were given the option of an indoor conference room or the barefoot in the sand meeting room option. We chose the latter. Unfortunately it was raining all morning so we weren't able to enjoy this as much as we would have liked but Las Terrazas had set up a tent for us (at a very reasonable price) so the meeting still went on without any problems. Due to the wind/rain, we had to keep one of the tent walls closed, blocking our view of the ocean but occasionally when the rain would pass, we would bring the tent wall down and catch the most amazing and peaceful views Las Terrazas also provided a projector and screen for us to use during the meeting as well as electrical outlets for us to connect laptops.
Immediately following the meeting, we were served a lunch buffet which was set up in the tent. Again, very necessary since it continued raining a bit through lunch. Following that, we did a group snorkeling activity. Carolyn had helped us set up a snorkeling excursion at Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley. Awesome experience and it was nice to have her handle the scheduling and coordination of that for us.
That evening we were scheduled to have a Bonfire BBQ. Because of the weather, this was canceled and so we had a buffet dinner in the tent.
All in all, the trip was awesome. Being there felt like paradise. I was a little hesitant about it being so far north of the main town but those worries were eased once I realized how tranquil it is on the north part of San Pedro and that we're only a 15min water taxi ride ($5 each way) away from the main town. If I had to make any complaints, it would be that the internet on site had intermittent outages. But when you're at such a beautiful location, that should be the least of your concerns.
In sum, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Several of the people in our group, including myself, have already mentioned wanting to make return trips back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in Belize and part of the LVX Collection. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. Take advantage of our FREE Amenities including Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, an Aqua Bike, Bicycles and Yoga Mats. Golf Cart Rental is available to explore the island and town of San Pedro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro