“A HOTEL AND A CONDO ALL IN ONE”

Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have heard so many good things about this place that it was a no brainer but after spending time (4 days) here we realized that the property was getting a bit tired. Tho our 2 bedroom condo facing the pool was nice, it always smelled like mold was somewhere inside.
Staff was nice and helpful, restaurant ok and convenient when it rained. It is located 5 miles from town and the roads were difficult to maneuver by golf cart. my big disappointment was the beach.No one ever mentioned the weeds and debris that were on all the beaches. It is not nice to walk from a sandy beach into a quagmire of grass and weeds that are there. Even tho they try to clean it up it is always back. We wished we had stayed at a nearby resort called Coco beach instead or Victoria house down in San Pedro!

Room Tip: Most any room would be ok as it is a fairly quiet resort.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I planned a pleasure and "business" trip to Ambergris Caye and Las Terrazas and it was amazing! The staff was incredible helpful and friendly and would never say "no" to you. The accommodations (built to US standards) were very comfortable, including the last minute upgrade we got! However, the resort had some water pressure issues and low-capacity hot water, so we had to wait for hot water to appear and the water came out of the faucets as if someone was pouring it out of a glass. Also, for the times we did watch some TV, the programming was limited and no HD was available.
We were never disappointed about the concierge service and all the excursions they booked or recommended for us was above expectations. The O Restaurant was cozy and never crowded so you almost felt like you were they only ones at the resort. The food was fantastic! And we are very finicky about our cuisine! We will definitely be back and hopefully we'll bring friends and family along this time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whitney P
LasTerrazasTeam, Director of Sales at Las Terrazas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

First, let me thank you for your very kind comments regarding our service and facilities.

I also wanted to say the we certainly appreciate your very constructive feedback on the water pressure and kitchen lighting. We have since corrected all issues, including adding another recessed light fixture in the kitchen and reprogramming the TV remote to receive all the HD stations available in Belize!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Carolyn Stone
Director of Sales

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was my third trip to Belize and to Las Terrazas. It only gets better and more enjoyable. We go primarily for the fishing and our guides Manuel and Cliff (Seakarus Tours) put us on the fish everytime. From the time we arrive at Las Terrazas until we have to depart, everything is first class. The resort is alway spotless and the staff is truly attentive to all our needs. Special thanks to Ovell, Curl and our courageous van driver, Walter. I certainly look forward to January, 2015 when we will return to Paradise.

Room Tip: We have stayed in three different room and all have been perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chuck J
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My dad and I are down at Las Terrazas for our guys only annual fishing trip. As always, the resort and the staff have been amazing and have gone above and beyond in all aspects. The first day, Curl and Manuel hooked us up with some really good guides that took us out and we were catching fish within 15 minutes. We did not keep everything but came back with a nice array of fish and some red snappers to take to the restaurant for dinner. The chef met us at the dock to get our fish and recommended that we try it Mediterranean style. We followed his advice and it was absolutely wonderful. The next trip was a deep sea fishing trip that ended up being a bust. Four hours of riding around in a bout and all we caught was one barracuda. Oh well, it was a beautiful boat ride. Since we had no fish for O Restaurant to cook, we had the chicken pasta and Chef Patrick's signature risotto. Both were very good. This trip we stayed in a two bedroom two bath unit #221. It is a very comfortable one story very good sized room that has very nice furniture as well as modern appliance that almost make you forget you are in a third-world country. Internet does not work in all rooms but that is alright. I did not come to beautiful Belize with my dad to hang out in the bedroom.
Well, today we go back home and I cannot say enough good things about our time at Las Terrazas. From the boat ride to the resort, the front desk staff, the incredible rooms, housekeeping, O Restaurant staff. We will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Beach front is best but a bit pricey. I have yet to be in a bad room at L.T.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank carson2008
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We went to Las Terrazas for my husband's company meeting. While there, we had a one-bedroom apartment-style room with a pool view which was perfect for our small family. I LOVED our rooms and didn't want to leave them (not that I had much choice with a constantly napping baby)! They had all the appliances including a fridge, dishwasher, and washer/dryer combo (with all detergent/soap included) and the décor is contemporary but comfortable. Best of all, the bedrooms stay quiet when you're in the living room watching tv in the living room. Our room had two bathrooms and the only fault I found was that our showers were too hot and we couldn't seem to get them to a nice warm temperature level. It seemed like the water heaters weren't working correctly but we never complained about it since we were only there for 3 days. The resort itself was AMAZING and the staff is some of the best I have encountered in my travels. We had an infant with us and the staff was incredibly courteous keeping an eye on her while my frazzled new-mom self was trying to get stuff out of the diaper bag or clearing the table of anything baby would grab at. The food was pretty good (both room service and at the restaurant, O) and the roof-top dinner we had at O was so much fun! The bartenders were great at keeping the glasses full and the view of the stars was magnificent. Yes, the resort is expensive and geared towards those seeking luxury or non-family types but we stayed at Coco Beach after leaving Las Terrazas (to meet up with family) and I wish we had just stayed at Las Terrazas instead! While we were there it rained nearly every day and the electricity went out several times but it turned back on pretty quickly after going out. Accordingly, the wifi was a bit spotty but no worse than at Coco Beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mrs_Lotus
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Don't get me wrong, Las Terrazas is nice, very nice. But, considering the price, there are many drawbacks. The property is pretty and the rooms are modern and comfortable. However, our "ocean view" penthouse was more like a partial view, obstructed by the buildings in front. Internet in our first room was only occasionally working and often very slow although it was more reliable and faster in our second room. Despite the faster internet in our second room, one of the two bathrooms turned out to be detached from rest of the room, requiring a short but awkward walk outside where others can see you, especially from the restaurant. At nearly $2000 per night, we expected something closer to perfection. The beach in front of the property is okay but nothing spectacular. We also found the location of the property 30 minutes from town to be problematic at times when we tired of the eating at the hotel's good restaurant. The $50 for a round trip water taxi exacts a steep tax for meals out in town. The front desk tries very hard to accommodate every need but the housekeeping was uneven, not necessarily cleaning the kitchen. All said, I will miss jogging and biking along the beach trail to the north of the property. By the way, there is no gym. The nearby dive shop was also excellent. For a lower price, I think I would be more excited to return.

Room Tip: Would skip the ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank 5fortravel
LasTerrazasTeam, Director of Sales at Las Terrazas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Our team certainly enjoyed hosting you and your family during the holiday season and we appreciate your kind words regarding the front desk staff. In addressing your comments, while the 3rd floor Ocean View Penthouses with private plunge pools on the ocean view balcony offer a beautiful sea view, your expectations may have better been met by reserving an Ocean Front Sea House located directly on the beach. Your second reserved room type for your last night with us was a Sunset View with roof top Master Bedroom offering a tremendous view and balcony bath and shower. While many have enjoyed the romantic ambiance of this roof top Master Bedroom we certainly do understand your personal sentiment.

Also, our resort is indeed located north of town providing an element of privacy and exclusivity which is viewed as an asset by the majority of our guests. Transportation to town by water taxi, land taxi or golf cart does come at a cost. I trust that our front desk made you aware of the restaurant options within walking distance and those offering free boat transfer in the evenings.

We do want to apologize for our shortcomings in housekeeping and the Internet issues that you experienced. Such constructive criticism always help us to improve upon our services to our valued guests.

We want to again thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments. If I can personally help you with a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Carolyn Stone
Director of Sales

Reviewed 19 December 2013

After LOTS of looking, my fiance and I decided on Las Terrazas and I'm so happy we did. If you're looking for lots of hustle and bustle then you might be happier staying in San Pedro. We were looking for quiet relaxation and that's what we got at Las Terrazas (LT). Walter met us at the airport in San Pedro and took us and our luggage to the dock where the LT boat was waiting for us. We took a lovely 10 minute boat trip to the resort (the boat was partially covered to shield us and our luggage from rain/splashing). We were greeted at the resort with punch and the option to add rum (we added rum!). Their "lobby" is outdoors and check-in was quick and easy. We got a 1 bedroom resort view on the ground floor (132) just off of the pool. It's not a room...it's an apartment. We had a large living space with a flat screen TV, couch, 2 chairs, and a coffee table. Behind that was a dining area with a 6 person dining table. To the left was a full kitchen (stove, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee maker, washer/dryer combo). The bedroom was to the left of the living area and had a king size (maybe queen?) bed, dresser, 2 bedside tables, flat screen TV, walk-in closet area with lots of shelving and hangers and a large safe, and a large bathroom with plenty of counter space, a bathtub and shower stall. They have a reverse osmosis system so all water was safe to drink...I got mine from the fridge dispenser.
We ate at the on-site restaurant, O, several times during our stay and the food was pretty good. Bernie was our bartender (we always sit at the bar) for the majority of our visits and she was very friendly and accommodating. My favorite dish we tried there was the seafood risotto. The restaurant looks out onto the long infinity pool. We did not have the opportunity to use the pool because we stayed busy and/or it was raining.
A boat taxi makes regular stops at the resort if you need to get to San Pedro. We used it most days just to explore. We spent a day walking around San Pedro. We took a flight from San Pedro back to Belize City where we did a cave tubing/zip lining tour. We went to San Pedro to catch a boat to Caye Caulker and walk around. You can also rent a golf cart from the resort (it's cheaper to rent in San Pedro) but the road was pretty bad from all the rain. We did take one out on our last day and we got stuck once...luckily my fiance is 6'5" and strong so he was able to pull us out...just be careful!
The day we snorkeled we walked right next door to the White Sands dive shop (I believe they are affiliated with LT) and they took us directly to Hol Chin and Shark-Ray Alley. It was a GREAT trip and a must-do!
Overall the staff were all VERY kind and very helpful! The grounds are well-kept and gorgeous (iguanas come out and sun in the grassy areas). The restaurant is very nice. It's not too far north. It was a great choice for us and I would recommend it highly. Also, we didn't have the chance to utilize them but they have free kayaks and bikes available to guests.

Room Tip: We originally had a lagoon view but they upgraded us free of charge to a resort view...I was very ha...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple