“Just Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Denver, Colorado
“Just Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

All I can say is wow! The service, amenities, cleanliness, all were unparalleled. I've traveled to many beachfront resorts and Las Terrazas is top notch. The staff went out of their way to make sure our week went perfectly. The facilities were immaculate, and our three bedroom rental was always clean and comfortable. Every meal Nolvin, the chef at O, prepared was delicious and he made special preparations for our group. The entire staff was always on point, but Nigel and Manuel shined in their attention to making our trip wonderful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ty J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was on a family vacation here a couple weeks ago -- feels like a lifetime ago now -- and just want to confirm what everyone else is saying: this place is gorgeous and very relaxing.

It is far enough removed from San Pedro that you don't have a lot of foot traffic coming through, although you'll see locals glide by on their bikes every day before and after work. The snorkeling trips are a must, the massages are pretty good and the rooftop bar is a fantastic way to end the night. If you don't feel like moving for a day just kick back on the hotel's beach with a cold drink in your hand. I could stare at the stunningly blue water for hours!

A big shout out to Leron, who helped gather bikes for our group of 7 every morning. He really made Las Terrazas stand out and will be a great memory for our family. Albert at the rooftop bar was also the man, keeping the bar open a bit later than normal for us to enjoy a few more delicious cocktails and Belikins.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarkDiGi99
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We recently took a family vacation to Belize and spent four nights in the rainforest and four nights here, at Las Terrazas. There were seven of us, and we stayed in a 3 bedroom beachfront condo -- it was absolutely gorgeous. We were steps from the beach AND from the gorgeous food.

While the location was paradise, it was the people that made this a memorable trip. A few shout-outs are in order, as their service was exceptional:

1) First and foremost, Leron. He seemed to be everywhere and helped us with bikes, restaurant recommendations, advice on trips and generally made us feel incredibly welcome. He has a great demeanor and was always a smiling face -- and more importantly someone that delivered exceptional customer service.

2) Kahrim, Bernie and Lucely at the O Restaurant all stood out in terms of making us feel like family at the restaurant.

3) Albert, showed us two incredible nights at the rooftop bar above the O Restaurant. He went above and beyond to make our group of 7 comfortable, recommending drinks and also chatting with us.

It was a dream vacation and these folks made it a real dream. Can't wait to go back some day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ninjapirate83
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

came here for a wedding. we were greeted with refreshments (with optional rum infusion), massages, and a tour of the resort. the staff were, and continued to be, some of the nicest people we came across. the rooms were beautiful, the pool was amazing and the breakfast burrito...holy smokes. the wedding ceremony was amazing, the food was equally so. would recommend to anyone willing to spring for the extra luxury.

Room Tip: get a room with a kitchenette. make your own food and save some cash!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The resort itself was great. The room was large (we had a 2 bedroom). We didn't have a real ocean view, but we didn't mind. There was always plenty of room at the pool and the beach. The staff was very friendly. We enjoyed happy hours by the pool. The drive to the resort via golf cart was a little daunting, but we made it safely and were able to enjoy our stay by driving around to see the sights and try restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Las Terrazas a few weeks ago. I've traveled around the world to a variety of luxurious island properties, and this is hands down the best experience I've ever had from start to finish.

I started off my journey with a 3 hour delay in NYC due to snowfall, JUST making my connection in Houston. When I got on the puddle jumper from Belize City to San Pedro, I knew this was about to be an amazing experience.

The short flight from Belize City to San Pedro is breathtaking, moseying over Caribbean blue waters and lush islands. We were greeted by a friendly driver who took us to the Las Terrazas boat. Sun was setting and our friendly captain took us right over to the dock as nightfall arrived. We were greeted by the very friendly Assistant General Manager, Ovel, as well as an assortment of other staff who had a fresh tropical cocktail waiting for us as well as cold eucalyptus towels. Heaven on earth.

The staff seemed to always be one step ahead and always know how I was feeling and what I needed next. They had already checked in and seen that our flight was delayed, so they knew we were weary. They had the masseuse give us a massage right at the gorgeous, beachfront, open air check-in, while I listened to waves lap in. They offered to have room service delivered to our rooms if we were too tired to sit at the restaurant. Dinner was by candlelight, listening to the waves crashing and the sound of Astrud Gilberto playing in the background.

Throughout my stay, I constantly felt at ease with every one of the staff. It was the genuine warmth they exuded, not something put on. Las Terrazas is lively but quiet - something more small, luxury resorts should aspire to be like. You come here to relax, and relax you will.

When I say the destination is stunning, it doesn't even nearly do it justice. The luxurious infinity pool is surrounded by comfortable furniture and tented outdoor seating that transports you to another era of gracious island living. The sleek modernity of the buildings is juxtaposed with the warmth of the interiors and the kindliness of the staff. The rooms are absurdly spacious with enormous, full kitchens perfect for entertaining. The furniture is made of rich mahogany from the island and gorgeous artwork throughout. I slept like a prince.

One of the most impressive facets of this resort is the food. We had dinner at many of the other top resorts and restaurants on Ambergris such as Mata Chica, Rojo and Victoria House, and none of them held a candle to O Restaurant at Las Terrazas. The food was divine. It's simple, incredibly fresh, and very flavorful. The service is equally impressive: attentive yet relaxed, timely, and served with a big smile. The cocktail menu is impressive and offers a litany of drinks to give you a great vacation buzz (at very reasonable prices).

I highly recommend the spa as the masseurs are incredibly talented and the treatments inspired. I had a massage on the beach that I will never forget. This brings me to the beach. The palm tree-lined front of the beachfront property is impeccably maintained and so breathtaking it's hard to leave the property. I have never been to a resort where the pictures matched the offerings like they did at Las Terrazas. It's absolute paradise.

If you do decide to leave, there are lots of fun adventures. I did a day outing to the Mayan Temple of Lamanai where I saw some of the most beautiful flora and fauna I've ever encountered. White Sands Dive Shop, a 5 star PADI dive shop, is literally situated right on the property so you couldn't ask for me. It's a diver's dream come true.

We went on a half day snorkel trip to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley, where our delightful guides took us through the water as we swam with sharks, enormous manta rays, and fish so colorful they seem almost fictional. It's important to note that this is one of the last remaining "live" barrier reefs and it is just teeming with life. It was an inspiring experience.

They have kayaks and hobies on site and if you want to take one out, just ask the front desk. And if you are really up for an adventure, take one of the golf carts up the road to Rojo Lounge for a cocktail (but definitely eat on-site as it's way better at Las Terrazas).

Check out the images: what you see is what you get. And fear not, even if rain is forecasted, it will be fleeting and the sun will come out. This is paradise, after all.

The staff were so incredibly warm and gracious that the entire time I felt truly at home. This was the best service I have ever had. When we arrived, Eroy said "welcome home"and I have never felt more at home than I did at Las Terrazas. I nearly teared up when I had to leave.

One of my fondest memories of the trip was my final day when I went out fishing with a guide provided by the resort. His name was Carlos and he was fantastic. We sat out on the azure blue water trolling for schoolfish snapper, sipping Belikin beers and chatting about our lives (quite different but similar in many ways). I learned some interesting methodology, sharpened my fishing skills, took in the breathtaking vista, slugged some beers, and caught about 5 hefty snapper. The best part? He fileted them for me to bring to the chef at O Restaurant at Las Terrazas. I took the beautiful, fresh FRESH fish to the chef and he prepared them specially for me with a beautiful, simple sauce of capers, lemon and black pepper. It was the best fish I've ever had and I highly advise going out for a cruise with Captain Carlos!

If you are looking to spend time in the most relaxing, luxurious spot in the Caribbean, look no further than Las Terrazas. A truly inspired stay with the friendliest of staff, delicious food and an unreal setting. Oh, and did I mention the price is right? Seriously, go ahead and book it while there's availability. You will be so glad you did!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank 90wanderlusted
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

My wife and I just returned from a four-night stay at Las Terrrazas, and our only lament is that we didn't stay longer.

This was our second trip to Belize, but first to Ambergris Caye. We had a wonderful time at two resorts on the mainland during our first trip, but wanted to try something different and opted for a slice of island life.

We chose Las Terrazas after doing a little homework because it looked like a quiet, stylish place that seemed to be centrally located. It was all that and more.

The staff was top-notch - friendly, efficient, patient and attentive without hovering. In particular, Andrea at the front desk was terrific. She had all the answers and anticipated our needs more than once.

The resort itself is beautiful and immaculately maintained. All rooms are steps from a well-groomed stretch of beach, a dock that is on the island's water taxi route and is next door to one of the most well-regarded dive shops on the island. We had a spacious two-bedroom unit that opened out onto the pool/courtyard that dominates the outdoor space at the resort. Despite being in the middle of everything - and being there at the same time as a wedding party - noise wasn't an issue at all.

The resort caters to couples, and the vibe is relaxed - stylish without being stuffy - and there were few young children around. We had dinner at 'O' restaurant two nights and ordered from room service one other time. For the most part, the food was outstanding (We recommend the barracuda, seafood ravioli, seafood risotto and the shrimp ceviche) and the service was earnest. The closest thing to a criticism I have is that our food took longer than expected to arrive one evening - buy, hey, what else were we doing).

The resort's location was ideal from our perspective. We took advantage of the dive shop to book a great half-day snorkel trip and used the water taxi to get to San Pedro, the main town on the island. Mostly, though, we walked up and down the beach stopping at the various resorts and bars between San Pedro and Las Terrazas to eat and drink as the spirit moved us.

As was the case during our first visit to Belize three years ago, we found the people gracious and polite, and the service unfailingly friendly - if a bit leisurely at times (not at Las Terrazas, though).

My wife and I agree that we definitely will be returning to Belize. If we go back to Ambergris Caye, we wouldn't think to go anywhere other than Las Terrazas.

Room Tip: The "resort view" room we had was the least expensive, but the place is so quiet that havi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple