This was more of a family-oriented hotel than we are used to staying in, so perhaps not the best choice if you're looking for a romantic couple's retreat.
Having said that, the rooms/suites are extremely well-equipped. I'm not sure if we received an upgrade, but we were given a large 2-bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms, kitchen, large living area. This made for a very comfortable stay. The hotel is well positioned on the beach, and the only real way of getting here from the hotel is by speedboat - either provided by the hotel, or one of the frequent water-taxis running up and down the coast. If you do want to to go into the small town in Ambergris Caye, you can cheaply rent a golf cart from the hotel and drive down a bumpy dirt road.
The service and the staff in the hotel was of a high standard.
A couple of small complaints:
- there is only one restaurant in the hotel and it struggles to cope with the number of residents; if you want to eat in-house each night, be sure to book ahead.
- Also, despite the waters of Belize being the stunning blue you see in every travel guide, the water right off the beach contains a large amount of sea grass. This means that it's not easy/pleasant to swim right off the beach; you have to use a smallish cordoned off area at the end of one of the jettys. Also, given that access to most parts of the island are by boat, there is a constant stream of speedboats running up and down the coast. This is not true just of Las Terrazas, but of all coastal hotels in this part of Belize. Since we like to spend a lots of time in the sea, it was a bit disappointing.
- Lastly, there's no gym, if that's important to you.
Having said all of that, the diving and snorkelling, easily arranged through the hotel's own dive shop, was the best I have ever experienced anywhere else in the world. The clarity and warmth of the water and the richness of the sea life was simply spectacular!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in Belize and part of the LVX Collection. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. Take advantage of our FREE Amenities including Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, an Aqua Bike, Bicycles and Yoga Mats. Golf Cart Rental is available to explore the island and town of San Pedro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro