We just got back from a wonderful trip to Belize and stayed a few nights at Las Terrazas Resort. Like the other users said, the restaurant is not open yet and Phase 2 of the resort construction has stalled. The rooms are very good for the price you pay. We had a 3-bedroom 2-bath condo over 2-stories with a roof top balcony view of the lagoon, ocean and pool. The condo does have 2 large plasma tvs with full lineup of cable tv channels (no HD). The beds and linen are clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are modern looking and large elegant showers. The kitchen have modern stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. There are some cups and plates in the cabinets but the cookware was old and rusty (maybe just for that particular unit). There is a washer/dryer unit in the condo so that was very convenient. The pool area was very nice and clean. There's a bar right next to the pool for drinks. Service was good and staff was very friendly and willing to help. Breakfast was simple - fruits and bread and cereal. nothing hot.
Recommendations for people planning to stay here: There's a island ferry that comes every hour or two to transfer you from San Pedro to Las Terrazas. It's not cheap - $8 each way, but it's cheaper than what we did - we took a private water taxi owned by Journey's End which cost $20 per person each way. For restaurants around the hotel, we ate at Luna's (Journey's End) which was pricey and not good at all. Rendevous, which is almost right next to Las Terrazas was very good. The Pad Thai was excellent - I know, shoot me for eating Thai food at Belize. San Pedro had more and better food choices, but you'll have to pay $16 for the island ferry round trip. We booked our excursions through White Sands Dive Shop at Journey's End, which was pricey but it was convenient. I'd recommend Ho Chan/ Shark Ray Alley but not the Tranquility Bay excursion because it was everything but "tranquil." Maybe it was the windy weather but the currents were too strong and made swimming in it very difficult and probably not safe.
The water that comes out of the faucets/shower has a strong sulfur (rotten eggs) smell, which was weird and annoying.
Overall our stay was pleasant and relaxing. Due the bad economy, Ambergris Caye was almost deserted. there are very few people around which was kinda spooky at times, but if you enjoy privacy, it's great. I'd stay there again if I ever visit Belize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in Belize and part of the LVX Collection. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. Take advantage of our FREE Amenities including Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, an Aqua Bike, Bicycles and Yoga Mats. Golf Cart Rental is available to explore the island and town of San Pedro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro