We have just returned from an INCREDIBLE vacation in Belize. We stayed on the island Ambergris Caye at the Las Terrazas Resort. This resort, the island, the excursions, & the crystal clear aqua water were truly a paradise. We stayed in the #8 sea house right on the beach facing the sea with 2 teenage girls. It was a 2 story townhouse. The decorating was impecable-very Zen.
Amenities: Leather couches & contemporary furnishings, 3 beautiful bedrooms w/3 full beautiful bathsw/granite countertops. MB had private balcony facing sea & a circular cabana with a cover. The bed was carved with a beautiful pineapple design & exquisite bed linens. MB has a 2 person whirlpool tub & large glass shower. Tile/marble/granite throughout the house. Contemporary kitchen with stainless steel appliances. Large dining room & table. Lush wicker w/thickly padded chairs & lounges. There was an infinity pool that made you sigh. The staff could not do enough for us. Every request was immediately taken care of. There was also free wireless internet, free use of catamaran, kayaks, & bikes. There was a reef just off the resort which we kayaked to & snorkeled every chance we had. There were fish & lot of coral.
Cons: The resort is about 4 1/2 miles from the town of San Pedro. San Pedro is where all the shopping (food & otherwise) is located. You must do your shopping before 6pm if you rode your bike or drove a golf cart there because it gets dark at that time. There are no real roads & no street lights on the way bac to the resort. Otherwise you can take the water taxi at $7US pp each way! The kitchen required you to buy everything-paper towels ect. I brought my own ground coffee. Breakfast was $12US at the resort.
The expensive restuarants are north of San Pedro-at the resorts. A family of 4 would spend well over $100 US for a meal. In San Pedro the restuarants are more resonable & have great food. Elvi's kitchen was great along with the Hungry Croc. We also ate at Rojo's & Rendevous-great but expensive. For 5 of the 9 nights we made our own dinner with the fresh food we bought in San Pedro. Mangos-4 for 1 Belize dollar! Go to DandE's for THE BEST frozen custard!
We went on 4 excursions--The Blue Hole(snorkeling)-worth EVERY dollar-about $140pp US. We left 5:30am. It was the most breath taking 2hour & 15 min. boat ride to get there. We also snorkeled at the Lighthouse atoll & Half Moon Caye. This island had booby birds & they made us lunch there. It was as if we were snorkeling in an AQUARIUM! What fun!!!! The Lamanai Mayan Ruins/riverboat tour $160pp-fascinating-bought beautiful inexpensive handmade wood items in a village named Bomba. We went cave tubing/zip lining through the Baka jungle($230 US pp-exhilirating! These 3 were all day excursions & we were fed breakfast & lunch cooked by the crew. The Hol Chan snorkeling was $40US pp for 9-11:30am. We saw many types & schools of fish along with sea turtles, rays, & nurse sharks. Well worth the money!
It was a trip of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro