“Lived up to its reviews! Loved it!”
Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 1 May 2011

My wife and I chose Belize for our 10th anniversary trip. We stayed inland near San Ignacio to experience ATM tour and other adventures, but looked forward to staying at The Phoenix for our 'chilll time'. We chose to stay at The Phoenix after reading all the stellar reviews on Trip Advisor and other sites. We were not disappointed. The property itself is beautiful, the rooms bordering on rediculously huge, great pool with wonderful views and sounds of the ocean, great staff (special thanks to Gabriella who helped set up some wonderful tours and gave great recommendations for local grub)! We loved, I say LOVED being so close to the busy streets and action of San Pedro. All the restuarants, beaches, food, grocery stores, our golf cart rental and even our dive site were within mere steps of The Phoenix. There is no other place I would stay after looking hard at some of the other sites in and around San Pedro. Thanks again to everyone at The Phoenix!
My only suggestion (and I was lucky enough to meet the fine owners of The Phoenix and I personally shared this with them) is to figure out what you want out of your Red Ginger Restaurant. Not that one would need my advice with such a wonderfullly executed property you've developed, but I'm not sure that there is ever enough water/ocean view restauarant/bars. There does seem to be room near SW corner of property to build a cool bar 'on the beach/beach front'. JUST DO IT!:) I'll see if you've heeded my advice sometime in the near future on my return visit (hopefully very soon!)

Room Tip: All look great!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 29 April 2011

This was my 3rd. time to visit The Phoenix - my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and Easter there and I can honestly tell you that it is truly an amazing place.

From the moment you arrive, you are greeted warmly by their helpful staff... along with an ice-cold tropical beverage. The entire grounds of the Phoenix are immaculate and well maintained. From the landscaping to the seating area outside of Red Ginger (their delicious restaurant), to the pool side view of the ocean. Top notch all the way around. The accommodations complete with every modern amenity cannot be beat. The rooms are magnificent (all 3 times I have visited each room offers the perfect view).

Mark and Stacey and the entire staff including Pam and Gabriela took complete care of us and helped us with all of our plans. Their recommendations for snorkel guides, dinner reservations, and fishing were spot on and we were able to relax and enjoy all of the sights, sounds and events that the island had to offer without any worry.

I would recommend The Phoenix to absolutely anyone for any occasion. It is a beautiful resort located in the perfect setting.

Our sincere thanks to The Phoenix and its entire staff for making our anniversary one to remember. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

There are many great hotels/condos on Ambergris Caye, but we're so glad we chose the Phoenix Resort. You can't beat their location in the heart of San Pedro and the units are spacious and beautifully decorated, with granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms. All the units have large decks with ocean views. The staff were all very friendly and helpful too. If we ever return to Ambergris Caye one day I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2011

The Phoenix Resort is gorgeous, modern, and immaculate. The food at the Red Ginger (the on site restaurant) is delicious. The poolside drinks are tasty and affordable. The dual level pool overlooking the ocean is a dream. The location (right in town but with that "away from it all" feeling) is perfect. But what makes this place truly special is the staff. They are attentive, informative, and friendly. You will truly feel cared for. I've traveled to over 30 countries in the last 10 years. I've stayed in lodging ranging from hostel to homestay to 5 star resort. And I have never stayed anywhere that had better customer service then The Phoenix. A giant thanks to Pam, Rose, Gabe, and Stacey for making our stay there so special. We will not soon forget you!!

Other tips: if you are coming to dive, we found Ecological Divers (right next door to The Phoenix) to be professional and fun. There are tons or dive shops along the beach, but this is the only one that is a 5 star PADI facility. We dove with them several days and loved it. Also, right down from the dive shop and the hotel is Lily's. Eat here for breakfast. And order a banana shake.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We had our 6 and 9 year old sons with us here and it was great. The pools were fun and clean and Stacey had great advice and set us up on fun and kid friendly tours. It is right in the heart of town but the hotel is stil quiet. The rooms are beautiful. We were bummed there were tvs in every room as we wanted our kids to get away but I'm sure that many people love this. You can walk to all the restaurants near by and really get the feel of the town. I recommend this place! The Red Ginger was a bit dead but the island was slow that week. I preferred other restaurants with more atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I realize this is a little late but once I got back to reality........There is very little I can say about the Phoenix that hasn't already been said. It was a very relaxing girls getaway! We had a fabulous time the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. I was extremely nervous about the small plane to the island, but is was a fear I overcame quite quickly, in fact it became my goal to sit up with the pilot (a goal I did not reach). We had great Sushi at Blue Water Grill, Kelly is just adorable. Red Ginger was amazing. Snorkeling with Lil Alfonse is a must, very knowledgeable. Cave tubing and the Belize Zoo was worth the trip back to the mainland. The Phoenix made all the arrangements and a good time was had by all. The rooms are unbelievable and the view of the ocean and the pool is most relaxing. I loved the fact that I always felt safe and could be out walking on the beach in the late evening. The Phoenix is definitely on my list for a return visit.

Room Tip: Third floor with view of ocean & pool
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We had such a great time! This place is dream, staff was super great and the resort itself is to die for! Right in town and loved having access to town and felt safe at all times! Would love to come back!

• Stayed: April 2011