My husband and I just came back from Ambergris Caye where we stayed at the Phoenix for two weeks. We travel every year to different tropical resorts, Hawaii, Mexico etc and can say without any reservation whatsoever that this was the best hotel we have stayed at, period. Here's why:
1) The staff - from the moment I first contacted and spoke to Stacey to the last goodbyes at checkout - every single member of the staff was the best! Gracious, warm and professional is how we would describe the Phoenix team. They helped us plan our tours and made many many wonderful restaurant recommendations.
2) The room - they thought of everything plus we were upgraded to a 2bedroom which for two weeks was great as it gave us plenty of space. If we asked for a smaller pillow, we got it in 5 minutes, a thinner blanket - delivered in moments. Everything in the condo was top notch quality. The bed was very comfortable and HUGE, the kitchen had all the appliances any cook would need. We used the coffeemaker everyday and the microwave to warm food when needed.
3) The hotel location - being right in town, we could walk everywhere and when we needed to, we could take taxis or rent a golf cart. But - inside the hotel - it was serene and did not feel like we were in a busy town at all.
4) The restaurant, Red Ginger - had very good food and we ate or ordered room service from there - numerous times. Did not order anything that we did not like.
They also have sister restaurants, Blue Water Grill and Caliente and both were also very good.
5) Hotel facilities - the pool is beautiful and a great place to relax and read a book or just sit by the bar and chat with Ricky or Maurice. There is a spa onsite and I met Heather and she gave me a couple of awesome massages! We also had a cell phone which came in handy a couple of times. The IPAD was great too for surfing the net, now I want one for Christmas!
All in all we just thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Phoenix helped this busy Bay area couple reconnect with each other and relax and recharge during our vacation. We were sooo happy we found this unique and special place and HIGHLY recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenix Resort is a modern and luxurious beachfront resort located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, and in the charming town of San Pedro. What we offer on-site: Red Ginger serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and room service, a pool bar and rooftop bar, Sol Spa, the island’s most popular spa, a beautiful heated saline chlorinated main pool and separate heated saline lap pool, fitness center, and business center. What’s included in our rates: Round trip ground taxi transfers, daily maid service and nightly turn down service, Keurig coffee maker and pods, bottled water, free Wi-Fi, in suite Bose wireless speakers and iPads, Aveda bath products, use of bicycles, kayaks, paddle boards, yoga classes, painting classes, chocolate tastings, wine tastings, free daily cocktail mixers from 5pm to 6pm, on-site fitness center, access to local gym and Crossfit facilities, and more. Breakfast is not included but is available on-site. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenix Hotel San Pedro
- The Phoenix Resort Belize/San Pedro