“Hidden gem on San Pedro”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
“Hidden gem on San Pedro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

The resort needs to invest in power washing the exterior. Upon check-in the staff greeted us in the lobby with rum punch and a fresh towel. The complimentary coconut lime bars in the room was a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Turkish first
West Windsor, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great property and great people! My family had a great time. Stacey and team made our room feel like our usual Christmas! Never have been to Belize and when we return would only go to the Phoenix. San Pedro is a fabulous little island town and The Phoenix sits right in the middle of it, you can walk everywhere. Must rent a golf cart!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

After our first night in 2011 we were hooked and rebooked for 2013. This time we brought my mom and stepfather and they were hooked and we have rebooked for 2014. Not only does the staff go above and beyond for the guest they know your first name. They arrange all the excursion and so far I have seen Mayan Ruins and tubed down the Mayan rivers. I went fishing and enjoyed a whole day on a private island that ended with a each BBQ and memories that will last me a lifetime. My daughter is 9 years old and has been both trips and loves the island as much as us. She is treated so well by staff. 100% my favorite place on earth and all owed to the staff of The Phoenix. Will be returning every year!! 10 stars across the boards. Pam, Stacy, and Mark, thank you for all you do.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jebianco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have stayed at luxury hotels in San Pedro repeatedly but never at the Phoenix, even though my favorite restaraunt on the island is Red Ginger, at the hotel. I have to say being close to town was really nice.
My stay at the Phoenix was wonderful. The staff added many little personal touches that really meant a lot. A cake waiting for us in the refrigerator for my friends birthday was one. A complimentary local cell phone was another big plus! We got excellent friendly advice on tours and everything else from Pam and Gabriella, and everyone was always helpful and accommodating.
My massage from Heather at the spa was a life saver!
Thank you Mark and Stacey for helping me get this put together at the last minute to begin with and I hope to see you all again at the Phoenix very soon!! Honestly, where else would I go now?? Spoiled and loved it! - Jai

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband and I just returned from 4 days in Ambergris Caye. We stayed in the Phoenix Hotel, San Pedro and had an amazing time. Every experience with the hotel--from booking to check out--was smooth, friendly, and super helpful. Stacey and Danny coordinated everything, including our connecting flight to/from Belize City-San Pedro, dinner reservations, excursions, etc. The rooms and hotel itself were beautiful, spacious and well maintained (bonus plus--Aveda products are the hotel toiletries given to guests). Even though it was in the center of town, you can barely tell once you walked in. The atmosphere was relaxing and very quiet. I can't say enough great things about our stay at The Phoenix. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaRBrown
dobbs ferry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

My 17 year old son and I spent Easter week at the Phoenix. It was all that the reviews and photos promised. Amazing service, great food, beautiful and spacious accomodations. The staff arranged day trips for us including snorkeling, ziplining and a visit to Mayan ruins. We will definitely go back and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dawn b
Longview, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Phoenix Resort is one of the loveliest places we have ever stayed at. The condos are gorgeous, well-equipped and close to everything in town. The staff are fantastic and always ready to help out, whether it is booking a tour, a restaurant reservation or making your favorite cocktail at the pool bar. We can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different units and both were lovely. I don't think there is a bad one th...