“True luxury”
Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed our last three days at the Phoenix. We stayed at Ramon's our first five nights. It was a nice variation, they places flowers on our bed when we got there. You have to be careful to place a do not disturb sign on the door because the staff walk in sometimes! The staff were all kind and the amenities were amazing. We cooked breakfast each day and enjoyed our amazing view. Loved the Phoenix!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank susanjane81

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I rarely write a 5 star hotel review, but in the week we spent here I thought hard about a single negative about our stay and came up empty. On the last day of our visit, one of our friends who left a day early brought the wrong passport to the airport and the hotel actually sent someone via jetski to reach her roommate on a dive boat to get the code for the hotel safe to retrieve her visa and send her on her way home. #customerservice. I cant think of another place I'd rather stay in san pedro. Seriously best in class.

Note to management: You guys nailed it. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: As best I can tell, all rooms are excellent. Well furnished, well stocked, great place.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rick R
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We just had an amazing stay at the Phoenix. Our condo was beautiful, clean and modern. Granite, stainless steal appliances, big comfortable beautiful beds, and nice linens on the inside. On the outside it was meticulously maintained and had a beautiful two level pool plus great pool side bar/service.

We could walk to all the restaurants downtown and had amazing excursions- why? Because of Pam! Pam the concierge was amazing. I had specific requirements and wanted some custom trips and she came through every time! From making our reservations from Belize city on Air tropic to an amazing snorkeling trip to Hol Chan with Chuck and Robbie's to my dive trip to the Blue Hole, everything was perfect.

Don't bother looking anywhere else, I'll save you all the research and tell you to stay at the Phoenix!

1  Thank Cali_Fam_Fun
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I don't normally take the time to write reviews but I really want y'all to know that what everyone else says here is true! Very well run resort! Loved the very spacious 2 bedroom condo. Very clean! The staff here goes beyond their normal duties! When they learned the wifi wasn't working in the back room they were working on a solution immediately. Speaking of wifi...it is free everywhere!!

Pam at the front desk helped me the most but all front desk staff were very helpful, friendly, and efficient. We rented a golf cart thru the hotel, drove north and popped a tire about 4 miles away. We went to the nearest hotel, called the Phoenix and told them our problem and where we were, we went to the pool bar and had a few drinks, swam in their pool and an hour later we walked out and it was fixed! Oh! And they waived the rental fee for our troubles!

Loved their sister restaurants The Blue Water Grill (ate there three times) and Caliente. Oh! On Thursday nights, next door to Caliente, is the Chicken Drop! Check it out! Good fun!

Also, head up to Palapa bar (about 4 miles up) and relax in an inner-tube in the ocean while they bring drinks to you. The food is made fresh so it takes time to get to you...you won't be in an hurry anyway. Also, further north at about 5 miles up is Rojo Lounge Bar and their pizza and Thai food was amazing! If you don't want to drive a golf cart, you can take a water taxi.

I totally agree with Beachcomber972's comments below (Hi Roger!) except we had a fine time at Chuck and Robbies doing the Hol Chan Combo Snorkle/DiveTour.

I'd happily answer any questions if anyone has some...we LOVED the Phoenix!! Can't wait till my 50th! (well, I can but I'll be excited to return to Belize!)

1  Thank momof3boyz1dog
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The vast majority of the reviews you see here are accurate. The Phoenix is almost certainly the best resort in this region of the island. Great location, superb staff, very well maintained, great restaurant and pool bar. It's at the North end of the "action" but you would never know it while sitting at the pool. The suites are spacious and well appointed. It is within easy walking distance to everything you need. We have traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean for 15 years and The Phoenix is among the best values we have encountered. We re-booked prior to leaving.

In addition to WHICH resort to choose, our other dilemma was WHERE on the island to be. In a nutshell, the resorts North of San Pedro tend to be slightly more sedate. The Phoenix itself was comfortably quiet but the surroundings are more lively. If you want luxury and quiet with easy access to some action, it's perfect. If you want complete quiet and solitude, go North.

One additional note. The resort recommends Chuck and Robbie's for diving. We felt that they were too busy, expensive and less than friendly (the dive master was fine though). We found Mystical Adventures and they were FANTASTIC. They also do other excursions. Reference our specific review on them.

2  Thank Beachcomber972
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here on my first visit to Belize and am glad I did. The service was exceptional and the location was great. I'll be back next year. In fact I booked my return for next year prior to my departure!!!

Room Tip: Any condo at this location is great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank oilmkr
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Visited San Pedro, Belize for 5 days to check out the destination and determine why is has become so popular with American tourists. The Phoenix Resort could not have been nicer! From the warm welcome by the front office staff to the lovely, well appointed suite, excellent Red Ginger Restaurant, and a very friendly and accommodating housekeeping staff - it was exceptional. Recommendations for dining spots and places to go by the desk were all very well handled and expectations were always met and often exceeded. The experience from the reservation process to receiving follow up communications made the visit to a new destination comfortable and easy. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: A view of the pool and sea are typical and everything works perfectly - at least that was our experi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends