“Absolutely Loved It!”
Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 24 February 2009

The Phoenix is a first class resort. The condo we stayed in was spacious and beautifully furnished. We had stunning ocean front and poolside views. The staff at the Phoenix was awesome! From the property manager to the security guards to the poolside bartender -- we were defintely taken good care of and made to feel like royalty. Ambergris Caye is a beautiful island in Belize! It is laid back and the people are very friendly. Every restaurant we ate at was fabulous (in fact, I bought a Belizean cookbook and look forward to trying many of the recipes). If you are looking for a beautiful vacation destination, I highly recommend The Phoenix Resort!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 February 2009

I'm almost afraid to write this review for fear that The Phoenix will raise their rates! Frankly, this is not just the best hotel in Belize but one of the best in Central America/Caribbean.

The rooms are amazing - huge, with great fixtures and really thoughtful touches such as Aveda amenities and super comfortable beds - even better than a Westin Heavenly Bed. The full kitchens are great as well - particularly with children.

The location is IDEAL. Beachfront, yet just steps from all the fun restaurants and bars in San Pedro. And two grocery stores are very close as well.

Finally, the staff is just over the top. They did EVERYTHING to make our stay special. Tua, the bartender is a gem - one of those people who just makes everything right on a trip!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2009

I can't say enough wonderful things about The Phoenix. I was recently there with my wife and two small children. The location of the resort is perfect -- on the edge of town (San Pedro - just an awesome place) -- a quiet and peaceful location, with tons of restaurants/shopping/attractions in walking distance. Their attention to detail was apparent in all areas of our stay - the condo, the grounds, and the service. The pool is amazing – we could have spent the whole week relaxing there. The Phoenix is very classy, yet comfortable...nothing pretentious about it. The staff was always there with a smile, ready to serve - but they never got in the way. I recommend The Phoenix to anyone considering a trip to Belize / the Caribbean. Writing this is such a tease...can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2009

This past November my husband and I and our 7 month old stayed at the Pheonix hotel with our extended family. The condo was lovely, and we especially enjoyed the wonderful balcony overlooking the water. Having a full kitchen not only saves you money, but is great when you have to prepare quick meals for little ones. But the unforgettable part of the resort is the pool-not only is it beautiful to look at, but it extremely kid friendly, as there are various levels and lots of places to explore. Our baby was even able to sit in the shallow in and splash around-she loved it! My mother especially enjoyed the separate lap pool and could be found early every morning swimming. The outdoor bar was not quite finished when were there, but I imagine it adds much to the pool area as well. The location is perfect, as we were able to walk to restaurants and shops nearby. Finally, the staff was quite friendly and were able to meet all our needs.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank SouthFuninthesun
Reviewed 9 February 2009

I recently spent 10 days at the Phoenix, my 5th trip to San Pedro. I've enjoyed other resorts I have stayed at in the past, but now looking back it's just hard to even compare to the Phoenix. Location wise it is ideal, just north of town, so a bit quiter, but still right there. SO much more spacious and as bad as it is to admit, it was really nice to have the TV channel list and wi-fi that none of the other resorts had. The staff was extremely friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy being there. We made buddies with the pool bartender :). It was really nice to have the full kitchen particularly for saving money on breakfast and making fresh fruit smoothies. But my favorite part is the view of the pool (where I spent all my time) and the Carribean, seeing them both in the same view. And sunsets on the roof. Siiigh, I miss that. I recommend going now because I think once this place is discovered, you will have some competition!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 February 2009

My husband, myself and two of our adult children recently stayed at The Phoenix and were delighted! We've been to Ambergris Caye before and have walked by the site while it was still under construction. From what we could tell then it was going to be a spectacular resort so we made sure to check for availability when we planned this trip. I'm so glad we did! The property is beautifully-landscaped using a variety of exotic looking plants and flowers, but the true centerpiece of the site is the pool. There are various hidden treasures like the shallow areas where you can sit in a lounge chair or the bench under the waterfall. My favorite is looking out over the infinity edge to the sea. Our condo was spacious and comfortable with all the amenities of home, which we took advantage of a few nights by staying-in, cooking and watching DVDs. There was more than ample closet space, the beds were extremely comfortable and the jacuzzi tub in the master bath is heavenly! The location on the northern edge of town was a major advantage. The other times we've stayed on the island, we've had to take a taxi or boat in order to get to all the restaurants and bars in town. Staying at the Phoenix, we had easy access to all of those places and still enjoyed luxurious accommodations. I would definitely recommend this resort to any travelers looking for a top-notch resort closer to town.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 February 2009

In November 2008, my husband I spent our honeymoon at the Phoenix. What an amazing experience! The views from the condo, deck, and pool were breathtaking. The pictures we viewed online before our trip did not do the actual view justice. The condo itself was a work of art. The furniture and doors were all made from natural woods native to the area; what wonderful craftsmanship! The grounds were well maintained – both safe and clean. We felt very safe, especially coming back late at night, as we were always greeted by the night guard who would chat with us about our day. We enjoyed a variety of activities during our stay including snorkeling, fishing, biking, couples massage, yoga, and many great restaurants. We would definitely highly recommend the Phoenix to anyone looking to visit San Pedro.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple