The Phoenix Resort
US$337
Mata Rocks Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$125
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Pool
US$415
  • Pool
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$144
Hotels.com
El Secreto(San Pedro)
US$500
US$394
US$383
Ramon's Village Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$240
Caye Casa(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$156
Travelocity
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$128
1,056 results
All reviewsred gingersol spachocolate tastingin towngolf cartcell phoneambergris cayefull kitchenbottle of rumfront desk staffpool stafflaundry detergentwrap around balconypool barhuge balconybedroom suitedinner reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Amazing ocean views.
Gorgeous condos.
Luxurious bedrooms.
Outstanding service.

What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBOKEN2007
Reviewed 22 March 2010

The Phoenix is amazing. The staff are wonderful, they take great care to plan all your adventures. The location in town is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank annabrim
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Our trip to Belize was fantastic and the Phoenix was a big part of that. When we arrived we were immediately shown up to our room and I could not believe how modern, clean, spacious, comfortable, (insert more adjectives here) that it was. I thought the pictures I saw on the web did not do justice to the rooms. The bed was inviting and soooo comfortable. The master bathroom was HUGE with complementary Aveda products. We had a great kitchen (that we barely used) with purified water on tap. The balcony was large. It is true that the wireless internet was a bit spotty in our unit but we always had decent access on the balcony and 100% connectivity in the small, business office (open 7am to 7pm). Extras included: alarm clock with iPod dock, flatscreens, DVD player, hair dryer, cell phone provided at check in.

The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. We loved talking to the bartender by the pool everyday and the office staff on our way in and out. I would let the Phoenix organize all of your day trips, air transfers, and golf cart rentals. I did a lot of research before we left and when we got there the prices they quoted were comparable to what I had seen AND you can't pay for the convenience they offer. I never once felt they were tacking on a noticeable service charge for arranging these trips. They have personal relationships with most of the guides and they only book with people they trust - and it shows. We had a medical issue arise on the day of our much anticipated private trip to the mainland for the zoo and cavetubing and I was distraught that not only would we miss out on the trip but that we would be out all of our money. The front desk was very sympathetic and in 5 minutes everything was reorganized. We didn't lose a penny. I truly feel that booking through the hotel won't cost you any more than anywhere else and is almost like buying insurance. Renting a golf cart couldn't have been easier and was the same price as elsewhere. Air transfers were a breeze and they take care of ordering the taxi without even being asked.

I highly recommend the private mainland trip to the zoo and cavetubing (recommend water shoes, water proof camera). If you have a special interest in birding, ask for Ivar and you won't forget your day (rec: binoculars)! The snorkel trip to Hol Chan and Shark Alley was amazing and Alfonzo was insanely passionate about the reef. Tips for eating: Mangos, Caliente, Estel's (breakfast), Blue Water grill (breakfast and dinner), and Red Ginger (more upscale) are all within walking distance and are fantastic! Renting a golf cart to go to the Palapa bar is also a must do. There is a great movie store (Transylvania video) just a 100 yards from the back entrance of the Phoenix that has a great selection of very current movies.

I highly recommend the Phoenix! We definitely plan to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NashvilleTraveler30
Reviewed 10 March 2010

At the Phoenix the first week in March, 2010. We had a two bedroom unit on the second floor that faced the water. What a place!! Everything was first quality and the staff was even better than that. We may rent an house when we return to Ambergris Caye but, if we do stay in a hotel, it will definitely be at The Phoenix.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pinedale1
Reviewed 10 March 2010

It would be hard to describe the Phoenix experience by just a quick review and without a YouTube video which expresses my true enthusiasm and excitement for the place! I'll give it a shot!

My friends and I planned a trip to Belize for about 5 days, and it was my first time to Belize and San Pedro/Ambergris Caye. Even before arriving to the Phoenix, the staff took care of booking our flights to/from Belize City and San Pedro - a very nice touch, not having to worry about any local travel, or coordinating with multiple vendors.

Upon arriving, the Phoenix staff took care of our luggage right away, and we were given a quick tour to familiarize ourselves with the amenities. The bartender had welcome cocktails waiting for us - another nice touch. We were also given a local cell phone to use, preloaded with minutes - we found this invaluable!

Our rooms had both an amazing water view and pool view, with a huge wrap-around balcony - HIGHLY recommend it. The rooms themselves were stunning - I was not expecting the level of detail, nor the contemporary decor and electronics - list includes flat-panel tv's, a fully working kitchen with all appliances and amenities, filtered water both for the water/ice dispenser and kitchen sink, jacuzzi, washer/dryer, free wireless internet, and ceiling fans in every room. There were floor-to-ceiling glass doors or windows everywhere, with black-out curtains - another nice touch. Blew us all away!

The location was very central with easy access to the main parts of town, including restaurants, and bars/clubs, within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and very knowledgeable. Any request we presented, we had options within minutes, and then a solution (whether it was a boat tour/excursion, snorkeling, getting golf cart rentals, etc) all set up before we knew it! Efficiency at its best!

As a global business traveler, I experience a variety of different places, personalities, and cultures. As such, I tend to pay attention to not just the bigger picture, but the "little details" which really make a difference (for example, the pool used a saltwater system instead of chlorine - no burning eyes and no chlorine smell!!). In my opinion - the Phoenix resort and staff took care of it all. You really would be missing out, by not staying here and enjoying the full experience it has to offer.

And if you come with a group of friends, the resort is great about setting up individual accounts tied to your own credit card, making purchasing and sharing very hassle-free!

Overall - I give the Phoenix and its staff very high marks, and I KNOW I'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends