My husband, 2 teenage kids and I stayed at the Phoenix, and it was PERFECT! Here are the many reasons why:
1) exceptional service... made great recommendations of tours & activities, restaurants, and even arranged for our flights to San Pedro and taxi ride from airport to hotel
2) the rooms are gorgeous... updated, clean, ocean views with every room
3) every unit contains a fully stocked kitchen including dishwasher
4) clothes washer & dryer in every unit
5) the hotel thought of all the little things... provided us with a cell phone for outgoing & incoming calls, wi-fi access, small but functional gym, spa
6) walking distance to the main part of town, which opened up a world of restaurant options & shops
I can't recommend this place high enough. The only knock would be the spa... it's small, not very luxurious, and very expensive.
One final tip: spend the money to go on an all-day tour with Oliver to snorkel, fish ,and swim with the manatees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenix Resort is a modern and luxurious beachfront resort located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, and in the charming town of San Pedro. What we offer on-site: Red Ginger serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and room service, a pool bar and rooftop bar, Sol Spa, the island’s most popular spa, a beautiful heated saline chlorinated main pool and separate heated saline lap pool, fitness center, and business center. What’s included in our rates: Round trip ground taxi transfers, daily maid service and nightly turn down service, Keurig coffee maker and pods, bottled water, free Wi-Fi, in suite Bose wireless speakers and iPads, Aveda bath products, use of bicycles, kayaks, paddle boards, yoga classes, painting classes, chocolate tastings, wine tastings, free daily cocktail mixers from 5pm to 6pm, on-site fitness center, access to local gym and Crossfit facilities, and more. Breakfast is not included but is available on-site. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenix Hotel San Pedro
- The Phoenix Resort Belize/San Pedro