“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wild Mango's
Ranked #20 of 180 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Seafood, South American, Central American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Causual, good food right on the beach in the heart of town. Stop by, let the wind whisk away your cares, have a couple of Mojitos and a really good lunch or dinner!
Red Deer
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great food and drinks. Perfect spot on the beach. Service was fine, but not super friendly. Definitely would go again for the food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This place is super nice, with an outside patio right on the beach. Great service and really delicious food. We missed the lunch so we ordered some appetizers. Nice portions and great island taste.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Mixed reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Let me start by saying that I had an excellent meal at Mango's. I've been trying lots of versions of fish in coconut curry sauce, and Mango's was the best. That plus great service, a table by the ocean, and a very decent margarita made for a lovely evening. I would definitely go back without hesitation.

My three tablemates did not have such an enjoyable experience. We ordered the trio of ceviches for an appetizer; it was disappointing to the ceviche connoisseurs. My husband ordered snook fish with scallopped potates, but had trouble finding the fish amidst the potatoes, which made him sad. Our friend who ordered the same thing complained and had the whole cost of her dish removed from the tab -- so points to them for being so accommodating!

Final analysis: if you want Caribbean food that is seasoned to the tastes of northern Americans, you should eat at Wild Mango's. They offered plenty of hot sauce for my husband who likes everything hot, hot, hot. But the main dishes were all mild enough to be enjoyed by those with more bland palates. I found much of the food in Belize restaurants to be too spicy-hot, even when it was described by waiters as "mild". Mango's accommodates it's core constituency, tourists from the north. For that, we thank them.

By the way. . . ironically, the food sold by the folks in roadside huts or roaming grills or coolers was NOT too spicy. It was repeatedly perfect. But there's no way to review these guys & gals on TripAdvisor, so I'm doing it here. If someone walks by with a cooler on their back yelling "Tamales for Sale! Chicken tamales here!", get one. Or stop by the spot where a someone has set up a grill and bucket of beans and eat the best barbequed chicken you've ever had -- for a fraction of the price you will pay in the restaurants. It's always chicken, though; I don't know why the local vendors aren't selling fish. I guess fishing is harder or more expensive than I imagine in Belize.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pamela T
Arcadia, California
“Great place to EAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love everything about this place! Great view, food and service! I ordered a few things and share w/ friends. You must try pulled pork, empanadas, vegan enchiladas, and Amy's salad. Also dessert was to die for! Flan on top of chocolate cake and banana fried empanadas :P Yummy!

Visited October 2013
Buckhorn, Canada
“Probably our best meal in San Pedro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

While we didn't get to sample all the the restaurants on Ambergris Caye, I would say that our dinner at Wild Mango's was our best. The fish and seafood were perfectly cooked, and paired with seasonings and sauces that were mild, flavourful and complementary to the fish. Fabulous creativity with amazing results. Try the orange snapper with tobacco onions (I'll leave it to you to ask what these are). And the shrimp, black bean and avocado stack was so delicious. The were closed during the first part of our stay so we only got to try them out our last night. Shame - as we definitely would have eaten there more often. Also, right on the beach with the wonderful breezes. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013