“Very good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wild Mango's
Ranked #24 of 184 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Seafood, South American, Central American
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Causual, good food right on the beach in the heart of town. Stop by, let the wind whisk away your cares, have a couple of Mojitos and a really good lunch or dinner!
St Louis MO
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was definitely a bit more expensive than some of the other places, but the portions and quality was very good. The Mongo Burrito was the biggest burrito I've ever had. And quite tasty. Fish sandwich and shrimp tacos were also very good. Their Carrot Cake was a very fun Caribbean twist on one of my favorites. Overall we really enjoyed our lunch and would recommend it.

• Greek first
Victoria, Canada
“Average food, nice beach location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Aside from this place being on the beach, I truly don't understand the hype. Service was below average, food was just okay, and prices were high. To start, we ordered the chips and salsa, which was I believe around 17$ belize, and included a small amount of salsa and no more than 20 tortilla chips. I ordered a quarter sweet mojito, and was presented with a very sweet mojito. Husband had a beer, so that's hard to mess up.
I found it to be an overpriced tourist trap...

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Wilmington, North Carolina
“So good we had to do a repeat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

There's so much excellent food in San Pedro that hitting the same place twice, much less ordering the exact same meal sounds lame, but that's exactly what we did. Their chicken tandoori is excellent, and a nice break from the ubiquitous seafood. My wife loved their pulled pork taquitos so much that she ordered them for an appetizer and entré on the second visit. On top of the food, the view from the beachside porch was great. The did seem to be one of the busiest places in San Pedro, with the tables constantly full at dinner time, which says something.

Springfield, Missouri
“Hands Down one of the best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We came here for dinner after having been disapointed by our hotel restaurant, and realized pretty quick that we were going to come back to Wild Mangos several more times before leaving Ambergris Caye! I had the pan seared grouper, my husband had the bacon wrapped shrimp. Both dishes were fantastic and also had great presentation. For dessert I highly recommend the Caye Lime Cake, it was amazing!

Bonner Springs, Kansas
“Great Vegetarian Choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm a meat eater but my wife is vegetarian. They had great choices for both of us. Service and value were good.

Visited June 2014