I stayed at Ak'bol in January of 2013 and the 9 days spent there changed my life. Yes, that sounds like an overreaction and if I were reading this I'd assume BS... but it's the truth! I arrived a stressed out, overworked, undernourished, and strung-out. I left able to breathe, able to move my right shoulder, which had been frozen for six months, and able to return to "real-life" with a clearer outlook on the world around me.
Specific praise for Ak'bol has to be for the staff. Every single person associated with Ak'bol was kind, smiley, and helpful. Second, I more than enjoyed the yoga classes. As I mentioned, I could hardly move one of my shoulders, and if you've practiced yoga, you know that many asanas involve moving your shoulders. Kirsten and another teacher, her friend Molly, took special care of me and even incorporated specific postures to help strengthen my shoulder and coax it to be more pliable. I especially loved that when I gave my body a little break during class, I could gaze at the fish swimming under the palapa (through the tiny spaces between the floor boards).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service Yoga Center on the Island. Stay nightly (meals and yoga not included in room rate) Join 7 night yoga retreats with meals and yoga included, prices on our retreat schedule. Daily yoga classes open to the public at the end of our pier with mats available. Massage and snorkel trips with Ak'boL guide. We help line up all trips, so you can relax. Come unplug with us! namaste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ak'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Hotel San Pedro
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat And Eco-Resort
- Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort Belize/San Pedro