“Breakfast”

Ak'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Rode our bikes north from San Pedro and stopped for breakfast. Wish I can remember the gentelman serving us, he was so friendly. Food was outstanding for breakfast, (I am not a breakfast kind of guy) but I would definitely recomend this place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my mother. The cabanas are beautiful, but rustic. It was nice to get off the grid for a few days. We specially enjoyed the outdoor showers! We absolutely loved Kristin's (owners) daily yoga classes. The 2-hour class on the pier was one of the most amazing experiences that I've had in a long time. It's great for all levels as Kristen offers variations on each pose. The food is great and the staff and owners are very helpful. One of the nights we took a raw, vegan cooking class with Julia Butterfly Hill! We also enjoyed walking to the Palapa Bar (close by) at night for cocktails. Definitely recommend this spot! If you are single, ask about the dorm lodging.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Love this place. I have stayed here numerous times and it is just great! While not a luxury resort, it has enough pizazz and amenities to keep me coming back. Unique features like outdoor showers in the cabanas, a lovely beachside restaurant and a friendly, 'you are family' vibe, plus the amazing yoga classes make it a great place to unwind and fill 'er up.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank bullettree
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at Ak'bol in January of 2013 and the 9 days spent there changed my life. Yes, that sounds like an overreaction and if I were reading this I'd assume BS... but it's the truth! I arrived a stressed out, overworked, undernourished, and strung-out. I left able to breathe, able to move my right shoulder, which had been frozen for six months, and able to return to "real-life" with a clearer outlook on the world around me.

Specific praise for Ak'bol has to be for the staff. Every single person associated with Ak'bol was kind, smiley, and helpful. Second, I more than enjoyed the yoga classes. As I mentioned, I could hardly move one of my shoulders, and if you've practiced yoga, you know that many asanas involve moving your shoulders. Kirsten and another teacher, her friend Molly, took special care of me and even incorporated specific postures to help strengthen my shoulder and coax it to be more pliable. I especially loved that when I gave my body a little break during class, I could gaze at the fish swimming under the palapa (through the tiny spaces between the floor boards).

Room Tip: The rooms with the shared bathroom are perfect for one or two travelers!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DebraLynneS
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed at The Phoenix (top notch!), but we took a golf cart out for the day to head north, and decided to stop in Ak'bol for a drink.
The bar was very "local" and super laid-back feeling, far, far away from the touristy areas of San Pedro.
We sat outside and had blended fruit drinks. Delicious!
The atmosphere was very calming We sat next to a couple who were honeymooning there and they said they have never been so relaxed. I believe it.
A spot I just might consider at my next stop in Belize!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine197
Jackson, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed at Ak'Bol twice and each time I had a great experience! The rooms are clean and secure, the staff helpful and friendly, the food to die for(coconut french toast). Never had any problems with doing what I wanted to do, Kirstin or Millo always handled everything from diving, snorkling, and fishing. Meeting new people and the laid back style of Ak'Bol is the perfect place to unplug.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I stayed a few minutes north of Ak'bol on a five day vacation and ate breakfast at Ak'bol three of those days. All I can say is try the Coconut French Toast, Huevoes Rancharos and Bloody Mary's. Our bartender/server Philip was terrific. The sites and location of Ak'Bol are fantastic as well.

John & Kris, Harrisburg, PA