Ak'bol was a great place to stay. The staff was helpful. The room was comfortable, clean, and simple. I liked that I did not have to buy water. The room had it own water container, so I was able to refill my water bottle. The location was superb. It was a great place to unplug and relax. The food was great. I especially enjoyed the fresh coconut pancakes. I enjoyed everything about Ak'bol except for the email I received after my stay: Thank you... for visiting Ak'boL. Sorry, I am confused a bit doing the end of the month reports. You paid for a private room with shared bath 5 nights $287.50US and ended up staying in a cabana #5? There will be an upgrade charge: 5 nights @$145US/nt+tax total $833.75US less payment $287.50US due $546.25US.
thanks for clarifying, Kirsten/Ak'boL
I would have considered staying again in Ak'bol, but after receiving the email regarding the room mix-up and wanting me to pay for the mishap after the fact was not cool. I am not sure if I would return to Ak'bol Nonetheless, I believe it to be a great place to unplug and relax. There just need to be better management on billing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service Yoga Center on the Island. Stay nightly (meals and yoga not included in room rate) Join 7 night yoga retreats with meals and yoga included, prices on our retreat schedule. Daily yoga classes open to the public at the end of our pier with mats available. Massage and snorkel trips with Ak'boL guide. We help line up all trips, so you can relax. Come unplug with us! namaste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ak'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Hotel San Pedro
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat And Eco-Resort
- Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort Belize/San Pedro