“Great atmosphere”

Hidden Treasure Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 192 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hidden Treasure is located about 1.5 miles South of San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye. Travel South on the main cobble stone road then take the first right immediately after Royal Palm Villas. Look out for our Road Sign and Let the signs lead the way through the Escalante Neighborhood! It's off the beaten path but not hard to find.You can also make an early reservation and we will be delighted to arrange for a complimentary shuttle service from any resort that is situated South of the Bridge.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Hidden Treasure. We did feel that the service was a little slow, but that could've been because we were very very hungry after a day of snorkeling. My husband and I often split an appetizer, entree, and dessert to save money and not get so full and we did that here, with the addition of a salad, too. Even with four courses, we were still a little hungry at the end. Would recommend not splitting unless you're not very hungry. The food was great, though! Definitely a splurge on our budget, and worth it because of the atmosphere.

1  Thank lysstwrt

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Definately not inexpensive but for the wonderful atmosphere, excellent, friendly service and absolutely freshest perfectly cooked seafood; this is the place. Their seafood cerviche is the best I have eaten; shrimp, conch, lobster, Fresh cilantro, lime, veggies and seasonings served with fresh tortilla chips. Also try their stuffed Grouper with steamed veggies and coconut rice. There is no skimping on serving size either. For dessert try their version of key lime pie (Caye Lime). This resturant is just fantastic by any standards. If I could give it 10 Stars I would.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were fortunate to find this restaurant early in or stay on Ambergris Caye. The food and the drinks were great. The service could not be beaten. It is off the beaten path which makes it even more special. Beautiful setting

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I went to eat here twice. I came highly recommended on Trip Advisor but also from the staff at our resort. They did not lie. Both meals we excellent. The place is so cute and inviting and the staff is always smiling. Both nights we tried the specials and they were delicious! The owner or his daughter picked us up and drove us home both times we went. It is a must try for everyone looking for a quiet dinner out.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The reviews for Hidden Treasure were solid on Trip Advisor as well as from other guests at the resort where I was staying. I finally tried it and all the reviews were true. I was there solo and the staff took great care of me! The seafood ceviche was HUGE and phenomenal! I also ordered the pineapple chicken with a peanut butter sauce. Oh my gosh! I always try to eat or drink things I know I can't get in the states... I'd go back to San Pedro just to have that dish again. Amazing food, service, and ambiance!