“Local restaurant not to miss!”
Review of Waruguma

Waruguma
Ranked #24 of 201 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Papusas-Excellent and awesome!
Burritos-Excellent; but unless you're a mighty eater, get one to share.
Bellikins-Cold!

I'm not sure this qualifies as a hidden gem (it's on TripAdvisor!), but it feels like it when you come upon this little joint. I thought it was the best food-dollar for dollar- that we had on the trip.

1  Thank LL_in_NoVa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,571)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited Waruguma three times while we were in San Pedro! Each time I got the banana milkshake (never disappointed) we tried a variety of papusas and had the vegetable burrito (plenty for two!) and got a fantastic meal for a great price. At normal dinner hours it was pretty busy so I suggest getting an early dinner or very late. But worth every minute of the wait.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Really inexpensive menu with huge portions of great tasting food. Very varied menu from Grilled Lobster and garlic butter (two tails for $35 BZE) to local dishes and rice and beans.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a wonderfully local eating place the fajitas and chicken and rice are great a very neat clean and inexpensive place to eat and enjoy all san Pedro has to offer.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

had the seafood burrito....definitely for 2, it was a plate heaped full of curried seafood, crab, shrimp, fish, octopus, clams, and squid and under it all I found a bean burrito! it was $30 US, but fed my husband and I to full!