“Best tacos I've ever had”

Caliente Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 199 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Caliente is located on the beach in the center of San Pedro. Our restaurant has been serving a delicious combination of Mexican and Caribbean cuisine in San Pedro since 2001. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. 1/2 Price margaritas on Fridays. Closed Monday.
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I've lived in Mexico for a year and California the rest of my life, and I can say for certain these are the best tacos I've ever had.

Everything is fresh: the tortillas and salsa are house made. The seafood is fresh (try their shrimp tacos), and the service is really friendly. Thursday nights are kind of busy because people are gathered at an adjacent restaurant to watch a chicken poop on numbers. You will meet some really stupid tourists while you're here, needless to say.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Waterfront, extremely friendly service, diverse menu, awesome cocktails, great tasting food. What more could you ask for!?

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The food was actually the best we had while on the island. The portions were big and the atmosphere was calming.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Recently when I was in San Pedro I decided to stop here for lunch. I ordered the conch ceviche and lobster carbon tacos. Both were amazing and reasonably priced. I also had a margarita as they advertise great ones but it was average. Moved on to a Belikin after.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We went here tonight because of TA reviews, and were very pleased. Beachfront patio. Service was excellent all evening. We asked for 4 separate checks and they handled it easily. Food oh yes. I had yellow curry with snapper. Asked for extra spice and loved it. Another person had shrimp curry extra spice and was happy. We shared conch ceviche which was just ok. John had blanketed snapper w baked potato and ate it all. Mike had shrimp ceviche and loved it. We were impressed that the owner came by, and asked how we decided to eat here, which I love. When the owner is interested like that it's always good. They care. We were told about the chicken drop on Thursday night but I think we will skip it you won't be disappointed.