“#1 Tourist Attraction/San Pedro”

Palapa Bar and Grill
Ranked #43 of 210 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: MOVED into Town,Onto the Wet Willies Pier. Located 300' over the Caribbean overlooking the beautiful Reef. Enjoy cool breezes, no Mosquitos. Fresh Tropical drinks, ICE Cold beer. Delicious food,fresh made daily. Specialities are Humongous Cheeseburgers, BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches, BBQ Beans, Fish Tacos, Shrimp and Snapper Dishes, Smoked Chicken Wings, Fresh Salsa, Sausage Dip. Bring your fresh catch and we will cook it for you!!!! Float in inner tubes in the cool Caribbean while you get cold drinks by the bucket.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Unique over water 2 story bar where buckets of beer are lowered by rope to thirsty patrons floating in inner tubes below. Palapa Bar quickly becomes a favorite watering hole in San Pedro where the ambiance is reflective of the TV series "Cheers".
Great location just north of the bridge, accessible by Golf cart, bicycle or boat.
Food is all good..my favorite, the Humongous Blue Cheese Burger.
Just a great relaxing spot to spend an afternoon making friends with interesting people from all over the world.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,933)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Food was good and the drinks were cold! It was windy when we went so be sure to hold onto your hats lol.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We made the pilgrimage to the Palapa with another couple we met at our resort and we are so glad we did! I had a lot of really good libations while in Belize, but hands down the Palapa Bar's can't be beat. Add in the location and the vibe and it's an unbeatable combo. The appetizers were really tasty too, which made drinking more of their yummy cocktails a bit too easy.

We're heading back to Ambergris next year and will be bringing our own souvenir from home to tack up at the Palapa Bar ... as if I really need an excuse to go back and drink more of their concoctions.

So glad we made the time to check this place out! Very fun! We'll be back!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Although it's over the TOLL bridge, it's at the end of a pier and has views ... to die for. Don't know yet if I'll be able to attach photos, but I will if I can. Food's good, and they encourage you to write on the walls, everywhere, with Sharpies. This year, when we went back, I found my appropriately-placed "Joe Luvs Diane 4-EVR" right where I wrote it. The kids found their similar stuff.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

it is at the end of a pier, over the water. You can watch stingrays swimming underneath. They have inner tubes where they will lower buckets of beer to you. Didn't eat there, so can't comment on the food, but what we saw served didn't look especially appealing. Stick with the bar end. You won't have a bad day!